onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
    It's easier to say this in the cold light of day than in the heat of the moment, but officials do their best in what is fast becoming an almost impossible task. The pace of the game, the speed of movement, the long range passes, players diving and trying to con the referee, etc. all make it so so difficult to get every decision right.
    Anyone who has refereed - even at schoolboy level - knows how tough it is.
    Nowadays we have cameras everywhere, slow motion replays and now VAR, plus a panel of know alls in a studio, but the poor ref has only one split second chance to get it right.

I reckon refs make far fewer errors than any player does in 90 minutes yet they get slammed for a single mistake when players can get away with 5-6 bad passes, missed shots or whatever.
    You just have to bite you lip, except they are human and make mistakes but that it's done to the best of their ability.

Who really would want to be an official in this day and age with so many 'experts' judging you after viewing a slow motion action replay ten times?!

Jimmy Armfield only got booked once in about 600 games. He played the game as a gentleman. We need to follow his example.

As VFIA says we lost the game because we collapsed like a pack of cards in the second half. It's no use blaming the officials.

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by PV1973 View Post
    Arguably the worst one was the decision to award them a throw after thier own defender slid the ball out right in front of the liner in the second half down by us, Worrall got booked for protesting, but it was an unbelievable decision and even their defender was laughing at the liner.
    I was behind the goal right at at the front, their keeper turned round and said to us “that was your ball the liner got that one wrong.

I just hope Gunning stays fit for the World Cup because the way some speak about him on here he could be the difference between winning it and going home in the group stage.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperValiant1876 View Post
    I just hope Gunning stays fit for the World Cup because the way some speak about him on here he could be the difference between winning it and going home in the group stage.
    I didn’t know Ireland had qualified??

7. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko51 View Post
    I didn’t know Ireland had qualified??
    No, we took care of that lot

9. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Danish Valiant View Post
    He's gavin gunning. He gets to choose whatever country he wants to play for and they will accommodate him

Sent from my [device_name] using the onevalefan mobile app

11. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Danish Valiant View Post
    You certainly did, which is why I wanted MON to go to Sjoke. Erikkson ripped us to shreds that night, and we deserved with those tactics. Anyway , off topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Advert Advert

FREE Prediction Leagues
We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and you’ll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated