onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Very poor performance from start to finish ,no energy ,no goal attempts and generally second best to a excellent Yeovil team who were sharper and much better than us throughout .
    A point gained i wont give marks but no Vale player would get higher than 5 .
    One to forget

Sent from my [device_name] using the onevalefan mobile app

2. Advert **

I think it was another game where our formation hamstrung us and it’s hard to come back from that start.

That second half formation shows how unbalanced we are and that we need a left sided player who can play left back or left wing back. Putting Gibbons on was that right move but everything was coming down that side, because Pugh isn’t a wing back and we were unbalanced.

This may be a view not shared by everyone but Whitfield has spells where he just isn’t in the game and we can’t afford to carry players like that. He need to get back to the form he was in for those few games before his injury.

I was surprised montano started, he doesn’t pull his weight in the team. Yet today I thought he had the beating of their right back but he just drifts out of the game or looks uninterested.

We were too static at the back and add Tonge and Kay to that and we’re then relying on the just the other 4 outfield players to put a shift in. Frankly Harness, Whitfield and Whitfield didn’t so we struggled. The full backs rust half gave us no extra dimension either, so it becomes hit and hope. Look how much gibbons was available second half and drove at them more. They had something else to think about, we need that on the left too.

For me Gibbons and Worrall add that energy we need. They made a big difference, not everything came off for them but the effort and desire was there. They should start on that right every week. They look like they’re playing for the shirt, not like montano for example.

Wilson looks a strong lad who at least gave their defenders someone else to think about.

Fair play we kept going and got a point. But these last 2 games should be a wake up call for the staff about who wants it enough and who’s good enough to play.

I know the Luton result and performance was unbelievable, but I think that’s another game today where Aspins choice of starting 11 has meant we start off too slowly and we can’t get in the game. The players should bear the brunt of that too, but like last week our midfielders and forwards offered very little and I think the manager has got some selections wrong again today.
    Last edited by PV1973; 13-01-18 at 06:13 PM.

4. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by PVFC764 View Post
    Yeovil fans must be thinking the Vale players must be wearing black and white stripped jumpers and masks after nicking a point out of that game.

We did not look like scoring from open play and their forwards seemed more dangerous in the goal area.

Well done Boot for pulling off some great saves. Show's we are not clear of the danger zone yet. Come on Aspin and Rudge - get a few players in to lift the midfield and defence.
    Only what they’ve done to us on two occasions this season!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

6. Poster thanked by

For all those criticising the starting 11, apart from Gunning it was the same 11 that started against Luton. The side picked was fine, the players just didn’t perform.

8. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    For all those criticising the starting 11, apart from Gunning it was the same 11 that started against Luton. The side picked was fine, the players just didn’t perform.
    Yeah , you're just repeating what Aspin said.

Worrall should of started and again I have no idea why he doesnt.

I could tell from the first game v Crewe he was quality

10. Poster thanked by

A quick mention for Wilson. He looks like he's lively and knows how to shield a ball, turn and find a man. Hopefully a few games under his belt and we will have a promising player in him.

Dire performance.... half time subs every week simply to try correct appalling initial selection.

To leave Worrall out for the likes of Harness, Montano and Tonge is worrying as is the January transfer window so far.

The problem with a lot of our players (and this especially includes harness) is that there's no end product. Our delivery into the box is, 90% of the time, dire. Until we improve this, we won't be going anywhere

On another note, aspo doesn't sound happy with Regis at all!

Rubbish game and rubbish performance from us.
    Strange to have 4 strikers on the bench.
    Worrall changed the game today, if he hadn’t come on we would have lost, had he been on from the start we may have won.
    For the record I thought Harness and Boot were 2 of the better players apart from Worrall, Wilson looked class.

As I've said before, unless we get 8/10 performances from most of the team we struggle and, just like last week, it was another game where the majority of our players underperformed.
    I blame Aspin to a degree because he left on Tonge and we had no left sided attacker in the second half and looked unbalanced.
    Overall, Boot did well and made a few very good saves.
    Davis and Smith (yes Smith!) were poor. Anderson was my MOTM easily.
    Kay did ok as did Harness in the first half but the rest were mediocre at best.
    We looked leggy and had no energy in midfield. No support for Pope either until Wilson came on.
    When we play too deep and don't get players around Pope we look like a pub team.
    A very very poor effort today but as I say special mention to Anderson who played with a broken nose and was head and shoulders our best player for me.
    We could and should have lost that 0-4 so a bit of credit to the boys for keeping going and snatching a very unlikely draw. Good penalty from Pope too.

4 games against Yeovil this season that have all finished level after 90 minutes.

18. Advert *

FREE Prediction Leagues
We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and you’ll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated