onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan forum - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Dire performance.... half time subs every week simply to try correct appalling initial selection.

To leave Worrall out for the likes of Harness, Montano and Tonge is worrying as is the January transfer window so far.

2. Advert Advert

The problem with a lot of our players (and this especially includes harness) is that there's no end product. Our delivery into the box is, 90% of the time, dire. Until we improve this, we won't be going anywhere

Sent from my [device_name] using the onevalefan mobile app

On another note, aspo doesn't sound happy with Regis at all!

Rubbish game and rubbish performance from us.
    Strange to have 4 strikers on the bench.
    Worrall changed the game today, if he hadn’t come on we would have lost, had he been on from the start we may have won.
    For the record I thought Harness and Boot were 2 of the better players apart from Worrall, Wilson looked class.

As I've said before, unless we get 8/10 performances from most of the team we struggle and, just like last week, it was another game where the majority of our players underperformed.
    I blame Aspin to a degree because he left on Tonge and we had no left sided attacker in the second half and looked unbalanced.
    Overall, Boot did well and made a few very good saves.
    Davis and Smith (yes Smith!) were poor. Anderson was my MOTM easily.
    Kay did ok as did Harness in the first half but the rest were mediocre at best.
    We looked leggy and had no energy in midfield. No support for Pope either until Wilson came on.
    When we play too deep and don't get players around Pope we look like a pub team.
    A very very poor effort today but as I say special mention to Anderson who played with a broken nose and was head and shoulders our best player for me.
    We could and should have lost that 0-4 so a bit of credit to the boys for keeping going and snatching a very unlikely draw. Good penalty from Pope too.

4 games against Yeovil this season that have all finished level after 90 minutes.

We got out of jail today. I have faith in Aspo but the starting selection was wrong. Worrall should have been in for Montano who is clearly not interested. Gibbons instead of Davis who is not a fullback. His distribution was appalling. Aspo is right to keep Regis out of the squad if he has the wrong attitude. A pity though as reports suggested he could be our box to box player. The ball is in Regisís court to prove himself to Aspo. Whitfield disappointing today leaving Pope very isolated. Still itís a point we wouldnít have got in the Brown era.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Thought Vale would have been up for it today.Strange not playing Worrall and Gibbons from the start.Back to Michael Brown days of hoofing it up to Pope who was marked by a centre back six inches taller than him.It makes it easy because teams know if they keep Pope quiet we struggle to score.Davis is not good enough he just backs off his man and doesn't tackle.His distribution is poor and he just hopefully hoofs it upfield.The midfield was slow getting forward to support Pope.At home we need an extra forward to put pressure on their defence.Tonge,s corners and set plays are poor and must be better or someone else to take them.

A dreadful performance,nicked a point and should have lost that game by at least 4 goals.

The team ending the game became effective and got the equaliser.Wilson looks useful. Whitfield tried hard but the front three were not getting in first half. I thought we were physically inferior to Yeovil, strength, running and pace. That being the case the battling qualities to get a point are a credit. But it doesn't mask we were awful in possession and Boot in goal was lucky not to throw away a goal with some of his kicking and mistakes.

Most disappointed to hear what Neil Aspin said about Regis. I think he has considerable talent and could be a key man as a box to box midfield player. Team needs a shake up next week. 4-5 changes from starting line up. Must have legs, controlled agreesion and play to the strategy. Must be better in possession including retaining, creativity and crossing.

I should recognise that Yeovil have strengthened their team and if the season started again they would be near the top.
    Last edited by Warren; 13-01-18 at 07:30 PM.

I agree with the sage in so much that Davis and Smith were poor. For me Davis has no confidence and his and Smiths distribution are appalling. Anderson by a country mile was mom.

13. Advert Advert

FREE Prediction Leagues
On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated