Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Match Thread: Forest Green R v Port Vale

Concentrating on collecting points, away from the distractions of the transfer window, is the priority. 4 wins this month look easier than they did in December, but football is uncertain at this level. As usual, one game at a time, expectations for our first league game at FGR must be high, injuries again cause changes and maybe the first league game for Regis? Lets start another run, UTV.

2. Advert Advert

I can't see many changes from what hes played over Christmas. Maybe bring Worral in. You can't argue with the results we've had but that combination of Worral and Gibbons (if he even gets in the starting 11 depending on Anderson) has been one of the plus points of the season IMO.

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by PV1973 View Post
    I can't see many changes from what hes played over Christmas. Maybe bring Worral in. You can't argue with the results we've had but that combination of Worral and Gibbons (if he even gets in the starting 11 depending on Anderson) has been one of the plus points of the season IMO.
    I believe Anderson has a broken nose, so we will have to see.

December was a remarkable month.
    What a transformation.
    In the last 6 games, we have kept 3 clean sheets and conceded three single goals.
    I think the Notts game was one too far and too soon to maintain the high energy levels.
    The rest of the season, bar Exeter in February and Easter, is Saturday only, so longer recovery and preparation times.
    I think Aspo has earned the right for a longer view on the job now.
    His crisis management has been outstanding.
    I am very confident of a comfortable mid table finish as things settle further and a long awaited stability emerges.
    Just keep building from these impressive foundations and thanks for allowing some enjoyment to return to Vale Park.

When both teams lost their cup replays a few weeks ago and this fixture was confirmed, I was expecting this to be a relegation six pointer.

First of two huge games that on paper we should be looking to win.. 4 points minimum required, if we beat FGR we will be 14 clear of them (assuming Barnet lose or Chesterfield we could be 13 or 14 clear of the drop an all but out of it).

FGR like to play it out the back so if we play our high press as we did against Luton, on their small pitch we should get plenty of joy, forcing errors.

I was beginning to enjoy the football again after the Luton game but reality has struck again. Despite the promises of stability, learning by our mistakes, resolving the wrongs in the transfer window etc. at the first opportunity we have gone cheapskate again and lost a valuable squad member. From a relatively settled back four we now have one who has left, one with a broken nose and one who is a relative unknown at centre back in Davis, plus a young right back who is a bit off the pace after a four match ban. Davis was just beginning to do OK at right back and now has been moved across. Doesn't bode well for the FGR game really.

9. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Zebra View Post
    I was beginning to enjoy the football again after the Luton game but reality has struck again. Despite the promises of stability, learning by our mistakes, resolving the wrongs in the transfer window etc. at the first opportunity we have gone cheapskate again and lost a valuable squad member. From a relatively settled back four we now have one who has left, one with a broken nose and one who is a relative unknown at centre back in Davis, plus a young right back who is a bit off the pace after a four match ban. Davis was just beginning to do OK at right back and now has been moved across. Doesn't bode well for the FGR game really.
    Davis has done well in the last few games, but I still think Gibbons is the better option at right back than Davis. Hes not the long term answer there.

Its a pity Gunning has gone, I thought he'd done a good job for us at left back, but so has Pugh when hes played there. All it does now is maybe leave us a little short in cover with only Davis and Kay who can play at centre half.
    Last edited by PV1973; 02-01-18 at 12:08 PM.

11. Poster thanked by

You talk a load of tripe! Gunning was average at best and is only popular because he’s nuts! Anderson is the better centre back and we will surely be bringing in a left back this month!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I think Pugh is doing a steady job at left back actually. I like Gunning because he has character and is also not afraid to stick his head anywhere necessary to try to keep the ball out of our net.

14. Poster thanked by

The consequence of a punishing period.
    I would have preferred Gunning to stay to the end of the season, but I suspect what he wants and what Vale consider to be his value are different.
    I think it is right to stay within those limits.
    This is inevitable; lines have to be drawn somewhere.
    I expect that the lines now are more realistic than those being drawn in the horror years of the recent past.
    Those memories are still too close and it's easy to get spooked.
    My viewpoint is taken because we have people in post now who know the territory and who will stand up to Smurf in their different ways.
    The ship is in good hands now, so I'm much more relaxed.
    Who else at this level has a John Rudge?
    He's a diamond.

16. Poster thanked by

17. Advert Advert

FREE Prediction Leagues
We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and you’ll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated