Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marcus Harness

Marcus Harness

This isn't a thread aimed at aimlessly trying to destroy a player. But I have to ask, what does he actually offer? He doesn't score goals, doesn't get assists and for a wide player he doesn't ever beat a man. But nobody seems to mention him despite the fact that he gets picked pretty much every week when fit.

Personally I think we'd be much better off playing three in the middle of the park, with two wing-backs.

Keeper

Gibbons
    Smith
    Anderson
    Gunning
    Denton

Worrall
    Kay
    Whitfield

Turner/Forrester
    Pope

Also, what on earth has happened to or with Lawrie? Is he injured or just a bad egg that obviously doesn't want to be at the club?!

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert

That isn't a bad call because neither Harness or Montano seem to offer much as wide men.

5. Poster thanked by

Harness is a young player struggling to make the transition from youth football to adult football. He is still learning but obviously has more than some of the other options we have or Aspo wouldn't keep playing him.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using the onevalefan mobile app

Administrator Admin team
    I think a few forget that he's still only 21, just because he previously started playing for Burton at the age of 17. Got a lot of energy & always puts the effort in, but obviously still learning & working on his game (hence being on loan to lower league). Whilst Whitfield is out, I think the best we have for midfield is a combination of Worrall/Harness/Kay/Montano.

Some the criticism is a bit strange for me; a lot of fans are usually forgiving for a player sometimes lacking the quality if they put 100% in, & he always does, but I find quite a few people around me giving him unnecessary stick. When we have Pugh in midfield every week, not sure how this is a main gripe for some.

The reality is though that probably half the starting 11/best players in each position that we have aren't good enough, so singling one or two out isn't really constructive. Let's just hope Aspo can sort it all out in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    I think a few forget that he's still only 21, just because he previously started playing for Burton at the age of 17. Got a lot of energy & always puts the effort in, but obviously still learning & working on his game (hence being on loan to lower league). Whilst Whitfield is out, I think the best we have for midfield is a combination of Worrall/Harness/Kay/Montano.

Some the criticism is a bit strange for me; a lot of fans are usually forgiving for a player sometimes lacking the quality if they put 100% in, & he always does, but I find quite a few people around me giving him unnecessary stick. When we have Pugh in midfield every week, not sure how this is a main gripe for some.

The reality is though that probably half the starting 11/best players in each position that we have aren't good enough, so singling one or two out isn't really constructive. Let's just hope Aspo can sort it all out in Jan.
    As you say Tomo,the lad is still learning.His energy is second to none.It took 30 mins on Tuesday for people to have a go at him for a misplaced pass while others get a round of applause for messing up.He never backs out of tackles,always willing to accept the ball, all over the pitch,and willing to have a shot.Decent player in the making.Learning to not
    overdo the dribbling and when to release the ball can be rectified.

Quote Originally Posted by Howjy04 View Post
    As you say Tomo,the lad is still learning.His energy is second to none.It took 30 mins on Tuesday for people to have a go at him for a misplaced pass while others get a round of applause for messing up.He never backs out of tackles,always willing to accept the ball, all over the pitch,and willing to have a shot.Decent player in the making.Learning to not
    overdo the dribbling and when to release the ball can be rectified.
    I was with you until "never backs out of tackles". But yes, he's young and still raw in many respects so we've got to give him time.

He's been sent here to learn. If we want to attract young players in on loan from higher division clubs (it's mental that we're saying that about Burton Albion) then we have to cut them a bit of slack.

He's definitely got technical ability. I think he's a good footballer but isn't yet a good winger, or a good midfielder, or a good player in any specialized position. I don't think he'll nail one down until he gets more experience and physical maturity under his belt. I think he's been put out on the wing in the past due to his size and inexperience.

A lot of League Two is about putting square pegs in square holes and winning your individual battles, and I don't think that aspect has suited him so far. In the long run it's all experience from which he will benefit.

11. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    He's been sent here to learn.
    The same goes for the others like Pyke, Whitfield & Stobbs too. From our own crop of players we've got Gibbons, Turner, Reeves and even Boot who are still learning too. Ideally we should be patient with these lads as they don't have much experience, but sometimes at the first sign of a bad pass or a bad touch then you hear the crowd start to grumble about them. It frustrates me sometimes because none of these players, or the experienced ones too, are going to go through a game without making some kind of mistake, thats football.

13. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by old sage View Post
    That isn't a bad call because neither Harness or Montano seem to offer much as wide men.
    How we could do with a JMW and a Vincent

15. Poster thanked by

16. Advert