Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Would you be a Referee?

Yesterday's game against Barnet seems to be more about the referee than the game itself which, on reflection, took me back to February 2002 when I penned the following poem for OVF...

Would you be a Referee

Seems some things will always be the same.

Enjoy
    *Every new day is a new beginning with new horizons (Barry Edge)
    *Supporting Port Vale, for real supporters, is something that's in your blood. You can't turn it off like a tap (Paul Machin)

2. Advert

Mmmmm I'm overweight, wear glasses past my best so I presume thats a yes

Administrator Admin team
    In a shed just behind OVF towers waiting for my ration book
    Good grief no Barry, I certainly didnt have the temperament when I was younger

With the Druids in sometimes sunny Nth Wales
    Talk of bizarre refereeing performances takes me back to a story involving local ex league official John Hilditch. Early in his career a dog ran on to the pitch and started to run with the ball. Hilditch allowed play to go on. The dog ran the ball into the net, at which point Hilditch indicated “goal” ! Beats the beach ball incident at Sunderland a few years ago by a country mile !

Think Lee Mason tonight proved he doesn't want to be..

I am a referee. It makes me laugh looking at some of the responses by people who don't know the rules of football.

[QUOTE=valefan01;779329]I am a referee. It makes me laugh looking at some of the responses by people who don't know the rules of football.[/QUOTE

And it looked like the ref was struggling to know the rules on Saturday on when to give a penalty

Refereed in the Eighties, was very fortunate to go up the ladder. I loved every minute of it, just hope it is as enjoyable to the young guys setting out now.

Quote Originally Posted by londonvale View Post
    Think Lee Mason tonight proved he doesn't want to be..
    He certainly struggled with the obvious penalty decision,just like the Ref on Saturday.

11. Advert