Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Eagles

Chris Eagles

Seen something tonight about Eagles training with us? Would you take Eagles back? I would 100% have him back even though he rejected us in the summer. He lifted the club last year and very nearly kept us up with some cracking performances. I really hope this rumour is true.

2. Advert

100% our best attacking player by a country mile last season and almost kept us up single handed.

I hope itís true and maybe heís come back now BS Brown and his two assistants have gone there is a very small hope. That said Iíd take it with a pinch of salt.

Interesting - and it should be remembered that he origibnally signed for Brown and his assistants and refused to resign because of the owner not giving a decent budget out that meant Eagles could not be offered a decent wage.
    Plus he obviously thought he was better than L2 and found otherwise, but possibly has seen sense and if fit would be welcome - provided his attitude is right, something that Aspin needs to weigh up carefully as I am sure he will.

Another thing to note from tonights match is that Ryan Boot played fine, and has a good success percentage with Vale on his first team games.

Surely he will keep is place for Friday night - the rest of the team will be more difficult to predict other than the 4 in front of the keeper. Pope will be back of course, but the other places are trickier.

Even if the Eagles story is true, I doubt if he would walk right into the team after a couple of days training.

Quote Originally Posted by Portvale4 View Post
    Seen something tonight about Eagles training with us? Would you take Eagles back? I would 100% have him back even though he rejected us in the summer. He lifted the club last year and very nearly kept us up with some cracking performances. I really hope this rumour is true.
    Absolutely not his attitude stinks he clearly doesnt want play for vale and will only do so grudgingly cus nobody wants him so a "oh well Vale will have to do" kind of attitude is not what we need, **** him i say.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using the onevalefan mobile app

"If" it is true about Eagles, then Neil Aspin, above all others on this forum, is better qualified to make a judgement on attitude.

8. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Bea Smith View Post
    Another thing to note from tonights match is that Ryan Boot played fine, and has a good success percentage with Vale on his first team games.

Surely he will keep is place for Friday night
    Absolutely. Well done to Rob Page for retaining his services.

This may go against popular opinion but no way would I want Eagles back at Vale.

He's turned his nose up to us already.

Sent from my SM-G900F using the onevalefan mobile app

11. Poster thanked by

Eagles is a difficult one. We rescued his career and got him back into football and towards the end he was certainly one of our better performers . Seems he then walked away from us but as is often the case we don't know the full details why. Happy to leave it to Aspin but is certainly the type of player who can turn a game. However having seen Regis last night do we now have one of those already ?

13. Advert