onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lifting the Vale…

Is the future now looking brighter under the tenure of Neil Aspin? James Russell dreams of a club on the rise this season. James Russell writes… When Leicester City won the Premier League one lucky fan won £50,000 on a bet he had placed at the start of the season for The Foxes to win […]

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

2. Advert

As the other thread has been closed before I had the chance to answer a question, I will post it here - there is no personal content involved.

It was asked by SuperValiant1876, who said-

[I]Can I ask then, by the same token as its Smurfs fault for appointing Brown and us getting relegated, if Aspin wins us promotion then will the owner be able to take responsibility in your mind for that or will it solely be down to NA?[/I]

My reply to Supervaliant1876 -

This is a perfectly reasonable question, and I will have no problem in praising the owner for superb appointments if, and hopefully when, Aspo and Rudgey get us some success.

However, it really is important in my opinion to look at the context, and only when we are back in the top half of L1, as we were when the owner engineered the removal of Rob Page, will there be any real credit due in that direction.

If we do get back there, it will be a marvellous job by Aspo and Rudgey - in fact they will deserve credit even if we finish halfway this season.

But an owner who has made 3 cheap option appointments and finally got it right is starting from the position of someone with a bank account with a huge overdraft.

I happen to think Rob Page was a good manager, and Smurfthwaite only made 2 failed appointments.
    But the whole Bruno saga taught him nothing, and he went for the Poundland option of promoting from within - if he had got Aspo and Rudgey in January this year, or better still instead of Bruno - where might Vale be now ?

I don't blame Bruno or Brown who did their best, but were inexperienced and never learned fast enough.

So yes, there will be credit for Smurf if we get back out of the hellhole of L2, and better late than never, but it has to be placed in the context of everything he has done before if people are going to write articles apportioning blame.

I hope that answers your question, and would be interested in your views on it, and the articles.
    Last edited by Bea Smith; 20-10-17 at 06:53 PM.

Administrator Admin team
    Both threads are about the transformation that Aspin has made, without expanding into the well known historical foundations. Enjoy the current situation while it lasts, hopefully for a long time.

5. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Fosse69 View Post
    Both threads are about the transformation that Aspin has made, without expanding into the well known historical foundations. Enjoy the current situation while it lasts, hopefully for a long time.
    With all due respect, the title and content of James Rusell's first article is not only about the transformation, but clearly and unequivocally refers to 'the mess' created by Brown.

It references the sale of players in January 2017, which can have nothing to do with any transformation - and there are other points made which refer to events previous to this season.

For these reasons, I contend that the 'expanding into well known historical foundations' had already been done in the original witch-hunt of an article, and was not something introduced by my comments on it.

We may agree to differ, but I think it is important to explain why I chose to make that reply.

I accept the second article is fairer and more balanced, but it still fails to mention the owners' part in proceedings when it again references events prior to the recent managerial appointments.
    Last edited by Bea Smith; 20-10-17 at 07:12 PM.

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by Bea Smith View Post
    With all due respect, the title and content of James Rusell's first article is not only about the transformation, but clearly and unequivocally refers to 'the mess' created by Brown.

It references the sale of players in January 2017, which can have nothing to do with any transformation - and there are other points made which refer to events previous to this season.

For these reasons, I contend that the 'expanding into well known historical foundations' had already been done in the original witch-hunt of an article, and was not something introduced by my comments on it.

We may agree to differ, but I think it is important to explain why I chose to make that reply.

I accept the second article is fairer and more balanced, but it still fails to mention the owners' part in proceedings when it again references events prior to the recent managerial appointments.
    But it is all old news. It is an article not a thread started by a member. Aspin is the news.

I saw criticism of one of these front page articles in another thread on the basis that it was "biased". Well, like, yeah. It's an opinion piece. That's a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    I saw criticism of one of these front page articles in another thread on the basis that it was "biased". Well, like, yeah. It's an opinion piece. That's a given.
    That's fine - but surely if someone does not agree with it, then they should be allowed to point out why and express alternatives to that opinion and explanations as to what they consider to be the situation.
    It is all very well saying it is 'old news' but that seems to be a stifling of a different view, when the article clearly makes references to the 'old news' itself, and I have given examples where.
    I also notice I never got an answer on whether James Russell the author is a Vale fan, an independent journalist, connected with anyone - which never seems to have been a problem to disclose with any other things that have been written.

Quote Originally Posted by Bea Smith View Post
    That's fine - but surely if someone does not agree with it, then they should be allowed to point out why and express alternatives to that opinion and explanations as to what they consider to be the situation.
    It is all very well saying it is 'old news' but that seems to be a stifling of a different view, when the article clearly makes references to the 'old news' itself, and I have given examples where.
    I also notice I never got an answer on whether James Russell the author is a Vale fan, an independent journalist, connected with anyone - which never seems to have been a problem to disclose with any other things that have been written.
    Stop embarrassing yourself. You banged Brown’s drum, you were wrong, move on. It’s fine, we all make mistakes.

11. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    Stop embarrassing yourself. You banged Brown’s drum, you were wrong, move on. It’s fine, we all make mistakes.
    If you were mature enough to reply to the subject matter, then you'd be a far better person. But a look down your posts shows you making similar remarks to many other people.

I am glad you read and remember my posts at least, yours don't exactly spring to mind, either bland and useless or having a go at someone.

As for Brown, if you could stop rewriting other people's posts for a moment, I never ever said he was a good manager or championed him, but he did his best for a useless skinflint owner and took the blame - and pathetic posters and wannabe authors who are so insecure that they only feel good if they are belittling someone else should acknowledge that the owner is the real problem at Vale.

13. Poster thanked by

14. Advert