onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will Neil Aspin be able to clean up Michael Brown’s mess?

James Russell ponders whether Neil Aspin will be able to turn around Vale’s fortunes. James Russell writes… Port Vale supporters’ hopes of bouncing straight back up to League One after their harrowing relegation to the fourth tier of English football have been significantly reduced after a dismal start to their campaign. In fact, sinking into […]

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert

To be perfectly frank, this is probably the worst and most biased piece of rubbish I have ever seen on OVF.

From the wildly vindictive title of the piece, it is sheer propaganda to blame all of Vale's ills of the last 2 or 3 seasons on Brown, however badly he started this season.

Now I admit Brown was a failure as a manager - and had faults such as poor team selection and substitutions.

But there is no mention in the entire piece of the real villain who created 'the mess' (poor use of word - clearly not witten by anyone with any journalistic experience). Im fact, Smurf could have sponsored the whole pathetic excuse for a rant.

Precious little mention of the Bruno era that led to relegation, and Smurf's part in it - or how anyone following Bruno was lumbered with a set of useless players signed from catalogues and had to get rid of them from his modest budget.

No mention of Smurf's ghastly PR gaffes or the Rob Page departure - the whole thing is a whitewash attempt of an article that should never have seen the light of day.

There are numerous examples of history rewriting in it, I will just mention the one that stands out most - Brown is blamed for selling the best players last January - what a joke and lie. Dr Goebbels wouild have been proud of that.

Is James Russell a combination of Smufettes - ? It has elements of smugness and belittling in it that are hugely familiar.

A massive disappointment to see this piece of Smurfism get space alongside quality work and writing on a more than decent website when it doesn't deserve it , whatever you think of Brown.
    Last edited by Aussie Rules; 20-10-17 at 03:15 AM.

5. Poster thanked by

May I politely enquire as to whether the author of this piece has any connection to any media outlet, or the club, or is a fan or OVF member ?

It would be interesting to know what perspective it is written from.

Quote Originally Posted by Bea Smith View Post
    To be perfectly frank, this is probably the worst and most biased piece of rubbish I have ever seen on OVF.

From the wildly vindictive title of the piece, it is sheer propaganda to blame all of Vale's ills of the last 2 or 3 seasons on Brown, however badly he started this season.

Now I admit Brown was a failure as a manager - and had faults such as poor team selection and substitutions.

But there is no mention in the entire piece of the real villain who created 'the mess' (poor use of word - clearly not witten by anyone with any journalistic experience). Im fact, Smurf could have sponsored the whole pathetic excuse for a rant.

Precious little mention of the Bruno era that led to relegation, and Smurf's part in it - or how anyone following Bruno was lumbered with a set of useless players signed from catalogues and had to get rid of them from his modest budget.

No mention of Smurf's ghastly PR gaffes or the Rob Page departure - the whole thing is a whitewash attempt of an article that should never have seen the light of day.

There are numerous examples of history rewriting in it, I will just mention the one that stands out most - Brown is blamed for selling the best players last January - what a joke and lie. Dr Goebbels wouild have been proud of that.

Is James Russell a combination of Smufettes - ? It has elements of smugness and belittling in it that are hugely familiar.

A massive disappointment to see this piece of Smurfism get space alongside quality work and writing on a more than decent website when it doesn't deserve it , whatever you think of Brown.
    It's not biased, it's an opinion that aspin has to sort out the mess left by the last manager who was the worst manager the club has had in living memory. You're opinion at the time was to defend brown, so were you biased? There is nothing in there that is factually wrong. Yes the person who wrote it could have mentioned the chairmans mistakes, he could have written about Bruno's mistakes and pages mistakes etc etc etc, but that wasn't what the piece is about. It's about a new manager turning around the mess left by his predecessor. A common theme in any report on a new manager after one is sacked.

It's a football forum, not a State TV channel.

It's clearly possible to take these things too seriously.

9. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    It's a football forum, not a State TV channel.

It's clearly possible to take these things too seriously.

It was a headline article given prominence on the home page of what has deservedly become a highly influential website that can and does shape opinion.

As such, I found it very disturbing and disagree that I was taking it too seriously. It wasn't a petty little post somewhere that didn't matter.

I don't know if Michael Brown, who I admit was far from successful as Vale boss, saw the article but if he did he might well have considered further action himself.

I see it has been replaced by a much more fair and balanced piece, and thank whoever responsible for that.

I wouldn't expect anything different from Andyregs than the reply he gave, but would ask him if he agreed with the implication in the original piece that it was Brown's fault that the best players were sold in January (Alnwick, Grant, Jones not re-signed).

Perhaps he and others, particularly the author, might also note that whilst Brown made dreadful team selections, unbalanced the squad and had bad substitutions plus failing to learn from his mistakes quickly enough, he did sign the same players who have performed so well in the last 3 or 4 games, notable Tom Pope, Whitfield, Gunning. Anderson, Harness, Worrell and the improving Roos amongst others.

He was forced to rebuild the squad with only a tiny number of players and a budget that saw some of the players he would no doubt like to have kept like Eagles, Streete, Bikey and Foley given poor offers - so poor that some would sooner not play than stay at Vale.

The new players did need time to gel - and although I am delighted to have Aspo and Rudgey back and in charge, I do think things would have improved results wise with Anderson and Roos settling - though maybe not with 2 wins.

Neil Aspin is an experienced manager and heaven and earth should have been moved to get him (and Rudgey)when Bruno left, but the scrooge option of 'making do' and choosing the Poundland option of giving the job to 'patsy' Brown was chosen by Smurf which makes it the owner's responsibility for our relegation and current perilous position.

It is not possible to be fair and separate the 'mess' (bad word) from the context that Brown himself inherited - the lack of reference to the owner, his mistakes and the Bruno legacy is still notable, but at least the article is fairer and not a cheap witch-hunt now.
    Last edited by Bea Smith; 20-10-17 at 04:52 PM.

Administrator Admin team
    Who was responsible for the selection of players signed this season and brought in on loan? The former manager or the coach, or a mixture of both? I am well aware that they have had to be polished by Aspin, and success is not yet assured but promising, but at least he had something to work with.

12. Poster thanked by

It was a headline article given prominence on the home page of what has deservedly become a highly influential website that can and does shape opinion.

As such, I found it very disturbing and disagree that I was taking it too seriously. It wasn't a petty little post somewhere that didn't matter.

I don't know if Michael Brown, who I admit was far from successful as Vale boss, saw the article but if he did he might well have considered further action himself.

I see it has been replaced by a much more fair and balanced piece, and thank whoever responsible for that.

I wouldn't expect anything different from Andyregs than the reply he gave, but would ask him if he agreed with the implication in the original piece that it was Brown's fault that the best players were sold in January (Alnwick, Grant, Jones not re-signed).

Perhaps he and others, particularly the author, might also note that whilst Brown made dreadful team selections, unbalanced the squad and had bad substitutions plus failing to learn from his mistakes quickly enough, he did sign the same players who have performed so well in the last 3 or 4 games, notable Tom Pope, Whitfield, Gunning. Anderson, Harness, Worrell and the improving Roos amongst others.

He was forced to rebuild the squad with only a tiny number of players and a budget that saw some of the players he would no doubt like to have kept like Eagles, Streete, Bikey and Foley given poor offers - so poor that some would sooner not play than stay at Vale.

The new players did need time to gel - and although I am delighted to have Aspo and Rudgey back and in charge, I do think things would have improved results wise with Anderson and Roos settling - though maybe not with 2 wins.

Neil Aspin is an experienced manager and heaven and earth should have been moved to get him (and Rudgey)when Bruno left, but the scrooge option of 'making do' and choosing the Poundland option of giving the job to 'patsy' Brown was chosen by Smurf which makes it the owner's responsibility for our relegation and current perilous position.

It is not possible to be fair and separate the 'mess' (bad word) from the context that Brown himself inherited - the lack of reference to the owner, his mistakes and the Bruno legacy is still notable, but at least the article is fairer and not a cheap witch-hunt now.
    Can I ask then, by the same token as its Smurfs fault for appointing Brown and us getting relegated, if Aspin wins us promotion then will the owner be able to take responsibility in your mind for that or will it solely be down to NA?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperValiant1876 View Post
    Can I ask then, by the same token as its Smurfs fault for appointing Brown and us getting relegated, if Aspin wins us promotion then will the owner be able to take responsibility in your mind for that or will it solely be down to NA?
    She's gone now after that reply. 😂

15. Advert