onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England talk

England talk

After two completely uninspiring and painful to watch performances I'm interested in what others have to say, and what some of your starting 11's and formations would be.

For me our main problem was playing at the wrong tempo. The build up is so slow, and the amount of times the ball is knocked from one side of the pitch to the other in straight lines is just staggering. Now it's never easy when playing against a side that even when a goal down continue to play with 10 men behind the ball, as Lithuania did. But in these games that's when you really need to be direct and pass the ball quickly. Henderson in a Liverpool shirt I'm fine with, but for England he looks terrified and plays it safe far too much. Dela Alli slows up play far too much also and doesn't deserve his place in the side if you go by his previous 18 games in an England shirt.

For me, I'd like to see something like this - (3-5-2 Wing Backs)

Butland

Cahill
    Stones
    Jones

Walker
    Wilshere
    Dier
    Lallana
    Rose

Rashford
    Kane

Subs:

Hart
    Trippier
    Bertrand
    Delph
    Winks
    Sterling
    Vardy

Lallana, Wilshere and Winks can all beat a player and also pass the ball forwards. A fit Lallana and Wilshere are a big miss in games like the one on Sunday where the opposition is only interested in defending. Rashford has his moments on the wing but by playing him as a genuine forward he would also ease the pressure on Kane, and also give him more space to do his thing as Rashford would occupy the oppositions centre-backs. I think Eric Dier is also somewhat fortunate to keep his place, but his main competition for the holding role, Fabian Delph, is currently playing as a wing-back for his club. But he at least adds some height to the side and is a danger from and with set-pieces.

Southgate is an honest and likeable enough bloke but also dull as dishwater, and I don't see how he can really inspire the team or give confidence to the players that they so badly lack when they pull on the national shirt.

2. Advert

id go

Butland

Walker
    Cahill
    Stones
    Rose

Henderson
    Dier

rashford
    Ali
    Sterling

Kane.

Think we will struggle to get out of the groups with Southgate in charge. I actually think we could hurt sides on the counter with the pace we have down the wing but Southgate seems to prefer this dreadfully slow build up which dosent suit us.

Quote Originally Posted by valiant_593 View Post
    id go

Butland

Walker
    Cahill
    Stones
    Rose

Henderson
    Dier

rashford
    Ali
    Sterling

Kane.

Think we will struggle to get out of the groups with Southgate in charge. I actually think we could hurt sides on the counter with the pace we have down the wing but Southgate seems to prefer this dreadfully slow build up which dosent suit us.
    It's hard to play counter attacking football when the other team have ten men behind the ball?

England talk - we are crap minus Kane, Ali and Butland (possibly Walker too) and will be shown up again next summer.

God itís depressing watching consistently underperforming players such as Henderson and Sterling represent us.

This current England side are a million miles behind teams like France, Germany and Iceland.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Earle's Perm View Post
    England talk - we are crap minus Kane, Ali and Butland (possibly Walker too) and will be shown up again next summer.

God it’s depressing watching consistently underperforming players such as Henderson and Sterling represent us.
    After scoring a great goal on his debut Alli has been dog **** in an England shirt. 2 goals in 19 games for someone who scores every other week for Spurs is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerB View Post
    After scoring a great goal on his debut Alli has been dog **** in an England shirt. 2 goals in 19 games for someone who scores every other week for Spurs is embarrassing.
    And yet you put Wilshire in your team who canít even get a game in his team and that Bournemouth didnít want back. Shows how abysmal our squad is.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Hart, clyne, rose,dier,stones, cahill, Walcott Ali Kane vardy Lallana
    No chance anybody would play this though as it would be deemed too attack minded.

We should certainly play 2 centre forwards against weaker opposition plus I would play winks and Wilshire and leave out Dier and Henderson when playing teams like Lithuania.

If Southgate was a league manager he would be managing a mid table championship team, we need better if we want to do well in major tournaments.

11. Advert