onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Should pope start

Simple answers to this one itís yes or no!

No dialogue required one word answer thanks

NO from me

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert

Not sure he deserves another thread as heís one of a number of unfit poor players but itís a definite no from me at the moment. At best heís a 20 minute impact sub.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

5. Poster thanked by

No simple!
    Our play is dictated by Tom Pope and he ain't what he was!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using the onevalefan mobile app

7. Poster thanked by

No. He is supposed to be living every vale fans dream...he is unfit and offers no creation up front whatsoever. Live the dream popey or pick up a wage to pay the mortgage

I think it's the latter he simply takes his place for granted at the club and that is what hurts the most. Many vale fans including myself would kick a ball for 00.0 percent of the wage he is on and do a better job and at least make an effort to be fit. I look at him and think the only prequisite to play pro football is to be well over 6ft...very dissapointing

9. Poster thanked by

Would prefer Barnett's excellent leap and first touch to be playing in Turner, with Pope brought off the bench to cause a bit of havoc off of crosses.

We need a bit of dynamism up top, considering how pedestrian the rest of our squad is, and Barnett and Turner would provide that imo.

Pope is excellent at what he does but he is very limited; therefore limiting the approach we can take as a team. He's a great squad player, a local lad, someone to depend on to work hard in difficult circumstances, and he'll get us 8 or so goals this year. Should he be a guaranteed 90 minute man? No. He doesn't have the legs for it.

He's 32. He's a veteran of the squad. We should be managing the talents he has by rotating him, utilising him in spurts against weary defenders and letting him bully them, instead of the jaded Pope we've become accustomed to seeing after he chases lost causes for 90 minutes every 3 days, getting knocked about by big defenders, and looking knackered and ineffective as a result. He's never been the fittest of lads, and now he's getting on its become more apparent that we can't run him into the ground every week.
    Last edited by Hagrid; 08-10-17 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
    Would prefer Barnett's excellent leap and first touch to be playing in Turner, with Pope brought off the bench to cause a bit of havoc off of crosses.

We need a bit of dynamism up top, considering how pedestrian the rest of our squad is, and Barnett and Turner would provide that imo.

Pope is excellent at what he does but he is very limited; therefore limiting the approach we can take as a team. He's a great squad player, a local lad, someone to depend on to work hard in difficult circumstances, and he'll get us 8 or so goals this year. Should he be a guaranteed 90 minute man? No. He doesn't have the legs for it.

He's 32. He's a veteran of the squad. We should be managing the talents he has by rotating him, utilising him in spurts against weary defenders and letting him bully them, instead of the jaded Pope we've become accustomed to seeing after he chases lost causes for 90 minutes every 3 days, getting knocked about by big defenders, and looking knackered and ineffective as a result. He's never been the fittest of lads, and now he's getting on its become more apparent that we can't run him into the ground every week.
    Take it thatís a NO then?

Popey needs to be consistent in his play and fitness. To say he is excellent at what he does is quite contradictory given what else you have said. On the occasions I have watched pope I have seen nothing special..yes he does know where the net is when he is fed directly. Sometimes he needs to make his own scoring chances and that never seems to happen...always a tap in or a header. Christ can we not get better?

13. Poster thanked by

i think he should be dropped for a few games see what happens then if you look at his record hes had one good season and that's when we went up

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysvaleme View Post
    Take it that’s a NO then?

He shouldn't be starting every game, and then not being subbed, no.

Away games in which our hope of goals will be set pieces and crosses; yes.

Home games where we'll want the ball and to be playing fast football; no.

16. Poster thanked by

17. Advert