Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goalkeeper

Goalkeeper

I have been thinking about our goalkeeping situation and asking myself what has gone so wrong in the last 18 months.
    Over the years we have always had a decent , reliable keeper for the level we were playing at , Musslewhite, Goodlad, Neal , and Alnwick to name a few.
    We have now used is it 8 or 9 keepers since Alnwick left and non of them have even been close to being good enough.
    If I was Aspin and Rudge i would make it my first priority.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. Advert **

Good point the ones we have are useless at best I donít rate roos at all Leighton might be a good keeper but injury prone

Johnson and boot are good young goalies ok I know goalkeepers generally mature around 25+ years old but our problem in football now is most and Iíd say up to 90% of managers havenít got the ba@ls to give them a run in the team they bring them in for the odd s@it cup game or something like that and we threw away in sam a good keeper future wise and same will happen to boot one of the managers neeeded and needs to grow Some and just do it!!

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

5. Poster thanked by

What has happened to goalkeepers commanding their areas, ours seem scared to move off their line. Is it the goalkeepers that make the defenders panic or visa versa.

We've had about 5 "Dracula" goalies since Alnwick left. Why are they all scared of crosses? What happened to dominating the six-yard box?

Roosless is a prime example.

I could understand it if he could rely on our defence to do his dirty work for him but he can't. He's like the goalkeeping equivalent of Reggie in that he's very tall but doesn't get off the ground.

8. Poster thanked by

Hopefully JR and NA can create a solid spine over the next two transfer windows. It will take time to build a team that can compete in L2. I agree, GK is one of the priorities. A good CB leader captain tall quick organiser, two CM players, a productive and effective winger and a pacey striker.
    We'll be lucky to get 2/6 of these players in January. Aspo will need to create a team that is capable of winning ugly to avoid relegation. 3rd from bottom will be an achievement with our squad and it will be difficult to improve it much in January, hopefully we can muster just enough to avoid the dreaded drop.

Johnson and Boot have never looked good enough to be first choice. Roos has pulled off a few decent saves and has been let down by a defence that like yesterday for the 2nd, allows the opposition to walk through.

I have never known a team to bring in an emergency loan keeper because the two permanent ones were not considered good enough however. If this as Brown thought was the case, why on earth did he not prioritise a permanent better one?

Chairman said he will support the new manager and to be fair he always has done,,so yet again it's down to the manager and staff to get the right players in,other teams with less budget seem to do it why have we failed over the last few seasons.goalkeepers are part of the spine of a football team and should be a priority.

12. Poster thanked by

Roos has looked dodgy every game he’s played in, I’d send him back, play Boot and save some dosh in the process.

I'd see if Shay given was an option till end of season...but I'm sure the issue is in safe hands!

Quote Originally Posted by TJHValiant View Post
    Johnson and Boot have never looked good enough to be first choice. Roos has pulled off a few decent saves and has been let down by a defence that like yesterday for the 2nd, allows the opposition to walk through.

I have never known a team to bring in an emergency loan keeper because the two permanent ones were not considered good enough however. If this as Brown thought was the case, why on earth did he not prioritise a permanent better one?
    I beg to differ.

Sam Johnson is commanding on crosses or was something weíve lacked he is also a big lad and stands up well, mind you I can stand up un-assisted aswell but Iím no good in goal

Also how do goalies get any better if they arenít given a proper run in the first team? Like I said before someoneís got have the bo@@ocks to run with it and see where it goes we are **** anyway in that position so canít get any worse

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

16. Poster thanked by

Administrator Admin team
    Ironically, I think part of the problem has been that Vale's youth team has been developing young, promising keepers but it's one of those positions where more experience is often needed when a team is struggling. A succession of managers have probably thought that one of the young ones would break through and yet none of them have, leaving us with rookies making mistakes, rushed signings to replace rookies making mistakes and emergency loans.

If Norman wants to back the Dream Team then I think he could do a lot worse than offer Fleetwood some decent money to get Neal back. Yes, he may have to pay well over the odds for a keeper who is now on the wrong end of 30 but I think it would be worth it. Neal is only back-up at Fleetwood and would surely jump at the chance of first-team football. I think Vale have to go in there with a cash bid high enough to enable Fleetwood to sign a replacement and hope he wants to come in January.

18. Poster thanked by

19. Advert *

FREE Prediction Leagues
We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and youíll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated