onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin


donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
 

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 20
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Truculent, defiant, non-compliant.
    Posts
    3,300

    Shut it Mourinho!

    This self-centred berk is at it again, now saying English clubs would do better in European competitions without the League Cup to worry about.

    Does he not recognize that the League and FA Cup are vital income sources for teams in Divisions 3 & 4? Does he think the average Vale, Bury, Mansfield or Yeovil fan gives a fxck about English teams in Europe?

    He really is a charmless ******** these days.

  2. Poster thanked by


  3. Advert

  4. #2
    To be fair even lower division clubs often play weakened sides in this, including ourselves.

    May improve the FA Cup if haven't got this too?

  5. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,613
    It's a poor do when Burton ******* Albion can't be arsed with a game against United at Old Trafford. What's happened to this sport? The end is nigh.

  6. Poster thanked by


  7. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    VALE-on-trent
    Posts
    15,875
    Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    This self-centred berk is at it again, now saying English clubs would do better in European competitions without the League Cup to worry about.

    Does he not recognize that the League and FA Cup are vital income sources for teams in Divisions 3 & 4? Does he think the average Vale, Bury, Mansfield or Yeovil fan gives a fxck about English teams in Europe?

    He really is a charmless ******** these days.
    Maybe the FA should ask these 'bigger' teams if they want to be involved.IF they answer NO then they are no put into the draw at all for 10 years.They don't get any money that way from the FA which means more money (should) filter down to the remaining club's.

  8. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by valefan16 View Post
    To be fair even lower division clubs often play weakened sides in this, including ourselves.

    May improve the FA Cup if haven't got this too?
    I do tend to agree with him the league cup has gone stale and needs getting gone. maybe combining it with the football league trophy would be an idea and make it the football league cup. Championship, League 1 & 2 competing for it. The premier league should be focusing on the FA cup, league and european action if in it.

    I also agree the FA cup would take on far more significance if it was the only cup competition that way for the teams without a sniff of a top 6 finish its a massive focus.

  9. Poster thanked by


  10. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    This self-centred berk is at it again, now saying English clubs would do better in European competitions without the League Cup to worry about.

    Does he not recognize that the League and FA Cup are vital income sources for teams in Divisions 3 & 4? Does he think the average Vale, Bury, Mansfield or Yeovil fan gives a fxck about English teams in Europe?

    He really is a charmless ******** these days.
    No the flipside whilst the lower league teams care about it and you can say the fans of those clubs dont care about the european sides, do you think the fans of Man Utd, Chelsea, City etc.. give a flying **** about Vale, Yeovil etc.. and want to fork out to watch their reserves play soulless games against league 2 sides? Utd closed the top tier of a stand last night for the first time in decades as fans didnt want to go.

    I agree with Jose the competition is unneeded distraction for the sides in Europe. They will pay no focus to it and the rewards are meaningless to a Champions league side as qualifying for the knockout stage is more prize money than winning the league cup

  11. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    2,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattholl View Post
    No the flipside whilst the lower league teams care about it and you can say the fans of those clubs dont care about the european sides, do you think the fans of Man Utd, Chelsea, City etc.. give a flying **** about Vale, Yeovil etc.. and want to fork out to watch their reserves play soulless games against league 2 sides? Utd closed the top tier of a stand last night for the first time in decades as fans didnt want to go.

    I agree with Jose the competition is unneeded distraction for the sides in Europe. They will pay no focus to it and the rewards are meaningless to a Champions league side as qualifying for the knockout stage is more prize money than winning the league cup
    Its strange though as you get a European spot for winning it so you'd think it would be important to some teams.

  12. #8
    Don't understand why teams don't take this seriously. It's great for lower sides as you can get a big team early on as we did this season. Sides like Everton, West Ham and stoke etc should surely relish it for Europe? As for mourinho he's a tosser will probably use this as an excuse when united get knocked out of the champions league at some point.

  13. #9
    According to many, Stoke were near full strength and got dicked

  14. Advert

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
On this day in history
Prediction leagues

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and you’ll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League
OVF Lead story
This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | More info
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated