onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

View Poll Results: Would you welcome Norman back at the helm?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 29.63%
  • No

34 62.96%
  • Unsure

4 7.41%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Would you welcome Norman Smurthwaite back at the helm?

I would. If for no other reason than we need someone to make strong decisions and to lead us out of the position we are in currently.

It seems support is growing but it would be interesting to put it to a vote.

2. Advert

Had he ever gone away?

Quote Originally Posted by Martino Knockavelli View Post
    I would. If for no other reason than we need someone to make strong decisions and to lead us out of the position we are in currently.

It seems support is growing but it would be interesting to put it to a vote.
    Who's decisions got us into the position we are currently in?

5. Poster thanked by

Administrator Admin team
    At least he has lieutenants now so the ship should sail more surely, only time will tell. No doubt the latest interview will be recorded and used to judge the captain`s progress. For the sake of our club, Bon Voyage.

Would I ****.

8. Poster thanked by

He'd have do a Peter Coates style come back t be popular.

No. He has proven he cannot run this club. He even admitted it last year. If he accepted his limitations as owner and put someone else in that may work.

Adams as director of football to the extent of actually running everything to do with football including budgets would be a potentially good move. The incumbent manager would then need to focus on just being a good coach.

Could it work? Possibly. I know people hate director of football roles and I do too, but I think Micky could be great at it. His ability when the club was on its knees in admin was outstanding. It was his stale coaching and tactical approaches that killed off his tenure at Vale, but away from the frontline management, his experience and strengths could shine.

Administrator Admin team
    Never really left, and unless the league situation improves hardly likely to attract a suitable buyer. So in his hands for a while.

Unfortunately he has to be at the forefront otherwise he has someone else to blame eg Garlick on the appointment of Brown, the retained list under Page which no one apparently knew about.

As long as he owns the club, there is no choice.

13. Advert