onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Pope

Tom Pope

I'd love to know why he has turned into the new scapegoat? Why not any of the other useless w*****

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert

He's not doing what he's being paid to do. Score goals.

Sent from my SM-G900F using the onevalefan mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Martino Knockavelli View Post
    He's not doing what he's being paid to do. Score goals.

Sent from my SM-G900F using the onevalefan mobile app
    Okay, I'll throw this one at you. The defenders aren't doing what they are paid to do. Keep cleans sheets. Why aren't they being constantly targeted?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

6. Poster thanked by

Tom is trying hard. As a target man, in a team whose game plan is him, he is doing ok at that role. But he is the main striker and spends 95% of the game back to goal. He has no pace for a ball through or over the top. He has missed the goal chances he has had.

I would not have resigned him. But I really hope a new manager can find a partner up front and varying systems of play to get the best out of him. Keep working hard.

8. Poster thanked by

You take me the **** highest paid player and he can't score and can't move. Forget the fact he was once brilliant as now he isn't. He is terrible and if he was called John smith he would be slated

Today's defence made two clear errors and one led to a goal. I thought we were better today and if we concede one per game and score two every game we will be promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboy21 View Post
    You take me the **** highest paid player and he can't score and can't move. Forget the fact he was once brilliant as now he isn't. He is terrible and if he was called John smith he would be slated
    I know. He needs to become Akinfenwa 2. But if not that is the end, impact player at best. Sport is a tough place, hard to be sympathetic.
    Last edited by Warren; 17-09-17 at 01:49 AM.

I like Tom Pope. The man will always be a Vale legend.
    Watching him this season, if this was not Tom Pope but a signing we had never heard of, he would have been dropped weeks ago and fans would be questioning why on earth we signed him.
    He's had his day in league football.
    It's quite sad and painful to watch, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    Today's defence made two clear errors and one led to a goal. I thought we were better today and if we concede one per game and score two every game we will be promoted.
    And it was Tom's man that got free at the back stick that led to the goal. Awful when he left last time, awful when he played against us for Bury (who were desperate to get shut on a free 12 months before we were daft enough to take him back) and even worse this season.

Never quick, but his fitness level is dropping in line with his expanding girth!

Truly awful signing which was aimed at selling tickets for all the muppets who think his performances in 2012-2013 are the real Tom a Pope. Those days ain't ever coming back and to tie up our top wage on him was barmy.

If he wasn't local, a fan and had a good record over an 18 month period he would be truly slaughtered throughout games and on here.

14. Poster thanked by

15. Advert