onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Brown Not Going!

Rumours on Face Book that apparently Brown won't be sacked tomorrow as the club can't afford to pay him or his staff off. An absolute disgrace.

As I said on FB though with Brown in situ Port Vale are going out of the football league. An absolute disgrace considering that when he took over we were 14th in L1 and only had a slight outside chance of relegation to L2. In fact the main reason that Bruno was sacked was because we were smarting because we had fallen away from the L1 playoffs! Glory days in comparison, Brown now has us on a one way ticket to the conference, loosing every game in L2. It's an absolute disgrace!!! It wouldn't be tolerated at ANY other professional football club in the country. As Ben said last night, it's typical Port Vale having no ambition and crying poverty. It's an absolute miracle that the club has survived in the league this long. An abomination, a disgrace, a shambled you name it. I honestly don't know how I'll come to terms with the club dropping out of the league next summer. It was bad enough this summer seeing us in L2. I'm trying cutting off emotional ties, not attending games etc but is doesn't work. This club is entwined not just in the community I was raised in but also my family. We've even recently had a family wedding at the club! The pain continues to run deep after every new defeat I see on here or flash scores, slowly bringing over 100 years of league history closer to an end. My people, my club slowly dying. It truly hurts. I can't just let it go but not doing so is going to cause so much pain

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert

Quote Originally Posted by scVale View Post
    Rumours on Face Book that apparently Brown won't be sacked tomorrow as the club can't afford to pay him or his staff off. An absolute disgrace.

As I said on FB though with Brown in situ Port Vale are going out of the football league. An absolute disgrace considering that when he took over we were 14th in L1 and only had a slight outside chance of relegation to L2. In fact the main reason that Bruno was sacked was because we were smarting because we had fallen away from the L1 playoffs! Glory days in comparison, Brown now has us on a one way ticket to the conference, loosing every game in L2. It's an absolute disgrace!!! It wouldn't be tolerated at ANY other professional football club in the country. As Ben said last night, it's typical Port Vale having no ambition and crying poverty. It's an absolute miracle that the club has survived in the league this long. An abomination, a disgrace, a shambled you name it. I honestly don't know how I'll come to terms with the club dropping out of the league next summer. It was bad enough this summer seeing us in L2. I'm trying cutting off emotional ties, not attending games etc but is doesn't work. This club is entwined not just in the community I was raised in but also my family. We've even recently had a family wedding at the club! The pain continues to run deep after every new defeat I see on here or flash scores, slowly bringing over 100 years of league history closer to an end. My people, my club slowly dying. It truly hurts. I can't just let it go but not doing so is going to cause so much pain
    Let's wait and see what happens eh? On the face of it I can't see a meeting of the board to do anything other than discuss his firing. Otherwise they could have the conversation on the phone with Brown to offer their support

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

My dad rang me and told me much the same tonight, this surely can't be true.

Truly only at Port Vale REP. The club that God shined on me and decided that I should support. Football eh :(

Quote Originally Posted by scVale View Post

What a load of over-dramatic rubbish - a few losing results are part of the down side of football - if we are 6 or 10 points adrift then make a song and dance, but your post reads like one would if written by a ****** ****** ****** who should know better if they have supported Vale for any length of time.
    There will be bad times - it isn't a disaster where hundreds have died - deal with it and stand up and support the club, manager and players to help get it right.
    Last edited by Aussie Rules; 14-09-17 at 03:03 AM.

8. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Bea Smith View Post
    What a load of over-dramatic rubbish - a few losing results are part of the down side of football - if we are 6 or 10 points adrift then make a song and dance, but your post reads like one would if written by a ****** ****** ****** who should know better if they have supported Vale for any length of time.
    There will be bad times - it isn't a disaster where hundreds have died - deal with it and stand up and support the club, manager and players to help get it right.
    We'll see come next summer. Once we go adrift that will be it. It's the same every time this club gets into a relegation fight. Brown just hasn't got a club how to turn things around despite of what he says in the media. If he did we would surely see some improvement by now after nearly a full calendar year. This is truly the clubs lowest ebb and I honestly don't think that views such as this are over dramatic. I am pretty confident that I aren't the only one thinking this. As for the whining comments, we've all had a moan at a poor performance or slipping close to the relegation zone or getting outbid in the transfer market but this current situation goes beyond the pale. To actual be facing the possibility of going out of the league... heart-breaking.

Exactly Gallifreyan... that is where all of my emotion is coming from.
    Last edited by Aussie Rules; 14-09-17 at 03:06 AM.

Yeah heard the same as well tonight, not going as we can't afford to sack him and his team so will be staying until November.

Sorry vale but I guess that's me not going until November. Horrible news if it's true and I think we are in deep deep trouble.

11. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Mattholl View Post
    On the face of it I can't see a meeting of the board to do anything other than discuss his firing.
    Norman could hold a board meeting in his bathroom mirror.

Isn't the board just Norm and his Mrs?

14. Advert