Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Matchday Thread: Luton Town v Port Vale

It is said that the darkest hour is just before the dawn, but what does this game hold for us apart from the floodlights to brighten the gloom. Not much time for injuries to recover or tactics to change.

2. Advert Advert

I think this game holds a 3-0 defeat at least.
    I think Brown will be ultra negative trying to get a point, we concede the first, game over

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by pete vale View Post
    I think this game holds a 3-0 defeat at least.
    I think Brown will be ultra negative trying to get a point, we concede the first, game over
    The trouble is it hasn't worked before.

After Luton getting stuffed yesterday I can't see anything but a solid Luton performance and a 3-0 win. Brown OUT

Can't stop the rot. 3-0 Luton. Brown to come out with usual excuses. Smurf to get more abuse and dig his heels in more and keeps Brown on. We have one less cup final to save us from relegation.

Injured: Lainton (ankle), Pugh (knee), Montaño (hamstring), Forrester (thigh), Pyke (hamstring), Knops (knee)
    Not fully fit: Barnett (recovering from hamstring injury)
    Suspended: Tonge

4-0 Luton. No point picking a team as brown will just play 4 centre halves at the back again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fosse69 View Post
    It is said that the darkest hour is just before the dawn, but what does this game hold for us apart from the floodlights to brighten the gloom. Not much time for injuries to recover or tactics to change.
    Luton was never a good place to go for vale bak in the day when we had a proper club with a proper owner and manager and players so it's definitely a chance to consolidate the bottom of the league spot !!

One of them where it's probably better long term that we lose if it sees Brown removed... with that in mind I think we will get a point.

11. Poster thanked by

If Pope plays it will be "anything - Nil". The main problem is that for some reason he is undropable even though he can't score. When you have a centre forward who can't run, can't shoot, can't find space and can't command centre halfs without jumping into them you have to wonder what attribute he does have. His famed prowess at heading all leaves a lot to be desired at the moment. Some say without service he cant do any thing - yes that is exactly right but the same few blame every other position when things don't go right. Put it on Pope's head and he will score they all cry - well a few times they have and he didn't. Dan Turner is not the solution the Pope Fans say - but he has two more goals than Tom, can run and is learning from his mistakes while Tom is just basking in the memory of his 30 goal season. Tom was a great player for us in the promotion season but he is well past that peak and so predictable. Brown biggest problem is constantly changing the formation and personnel with addressing the one thing that hasn't changed - Tom as centre forward. If we do go down this year it will be with a 100% Vale fan leading the attack who couldn't currently hit a cows arse with a banjo. Oh but we can't say anything against him not doing his job - because he is one of us isn't he . It brought home to me how poor Tom is at present when I saw him in Richard Duffy's pocket.

13. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by pensioner View Post
    If Pope plays it will be "anything - Nil". The main problem is that for some reason he is undropable even though he can't score. When you have a centre forward who can't run, can't shoot, can't find space and can't command centre halfs without jumping into them you have to wonder what attribute he does have. His famed prowess at heading all leaves a lot to be desired at the moment. Some say without service he cant do any thing - yes that is exactly right but the same few blame every other position when things don't go right. Put it on Pope's head and he will score they all cry - well a few times they have and he didn't. Dan Turner is not the solution the Pope Fans say - but he has two more goals than Tom, can run and is learning from his mistakes while Tom is just basking in the memory of his 30 goal season. Tom was a great player for us in the promotion season but he is well past that peak and so predictable. Brown biggest problem is constantly changing the formation and personnel with addressing the one thing that hasn't changed - Tom as centre forward. If we do go down this year it will be with a 100% Vale fan leading the attack who couldn't currently hit a cows arse with a banjo. Oh but we can't say anything against him not doing his job - because he is one of us isn't he . It brought home to me how poor Tom is at present when I saw him in Richard Duffy's pocket.
    I said when we signed him we would be lucky to get 10 goals this season out of him and the Pope fans would blame lack of service. I have changed my mind a bit, I think we will be lucky to get 1 goal out of him.

15. Poster thanked by

16. Advert Advert

FREE Prediction Leagues
We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and you’ll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated