Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Steely Dan founder dies

Co founder Walter Becker dies at 67

Amazing band and possibly the best band name ever

2. Advert Advert

Yes, amazing band...all time favourite Deacon Blue...RIP

Banned
    One of the most over-rated groups ever, never even had a top 10 single in the UK - best they could manage was number 17 with that crappy Haitian Divorce thing and one top ten album.
    A mess of a jazz dirge sound that is pretty unlistenable to most people. However, RIP.
    Last edited by Bea Smith; 04-09-17 at 08:40 PM.

Yes Bea! No time for clever, intelligent songs and brilliant musicianship. You stick to listening to the Bay City Rollers!

6. Poster thanked by

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by capirex View Post
    Yes Bea! No time for clever, intelligent songs and brilliant musicianship. You stick to listening to the Bay City Rollers!
    Seems the great British public didn't agree with you, sad man.
    Boring amerikana AOR for Texan lorry drivers with no brains.
    NOt keen on BCR either but at least they didn't look AND sound like they never discovered bars of soap.

ps Their lyrics are almost as clever as Agadoo and the Birdie Song though, I will give you that,
    Care to give some examples of the 'clever, intelligent stuff' ?
    Will it be like their oh-so-funny name which appeals to kids reading puberty and boring creeps who think the height of being rebellious is sneezing in a library ?
    Last edited by Bea Smith; 04-09-17 at 09:14 PM.

Don't know a great deal of their stuff except Showbiz Kids but a lot of the older fellas loved them and they always sound decent whenever they get played on 6 Music.

How many million albums have they sold worldwide? Seems like a lot of people agree with me! As usual if somebody disagrees with you, you resort to personal abuse! I am not sad. I'm actually quite happy apart from Saturday afternoons at the moment!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by capirex View Post
    How many million albums have they sold worldwide? Seems like a lot of people agree with me! As usual if somebody disagrees with you, you resort to personal abuse! I am not sad. I'm actually quite happy apart from Saturday afternoons at the moment!
    Err.. now who started any personal abuse with a snidey snipe about liking the Bay City Rollers? Don't be a liar as well as having dubious taste,please.

I am entitled to my opinion that they are and were grossly over-rated and fawned over, and was talking about UK sales as the UK is the mome of pop/rock music and this is generally accepted by the world.

I am glad you are happy, keep that way and your Saturday afternoons will be as well befiore too long, just try and listen to some decent music as well.

Loved Steely Dan.One of the best ever solos on 'Do it again'.RIP WB.

For any musos on here (I always saw Steely Dan's music as being more for musicians than general consumption, not that I'm a serious musician) it's widely thought the "Mu Major Chord" was their signature sound...nothing complex really just adding the major 2nd (or 9th) to a major chord.

Typical Steely, getting me thinking about such things. Quite challenging!!

Only remember one Steely Dan album, "Can't buy a thrill", some good tracks on it. the fribo's I lived with at Uni played it alot. "Do it Again" is a superb track.

14. Advert Advert

FREE Prediction Leagues
We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and you’ll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated