onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Crewe Alex

Please share your thoughts before, during and after the game.

Things are taking a while to settle down, injuries as usual, young players without match experience, losing concentration etc. Oh for a mid-field general like Bogie or Brammer but they do not come cheap. Hoping for improvement or signs of progress, but above all chances have to be taken when the tide is flowing our way, and we have to be ready to withstand periods of pressure. Not the frame of mind to be tackling local rivals, but a victory is more enjoyable under those circumstances.

2. Advert

Unless we sign a new keeper a creative midfield player play with 2 wingers and have 2 upfront then we are just going get the same again. Over run in midfield no service for pope and not enough upfront to help him out. Regarding the keeper I don't think Hornby is that bad but he has conceded alot of goals in the 2 and a half games he has played and people who attend every game have been saying he is no good as his positioning ain't great so we need an experienced keeper in whilst lainton is out injured. I can see this been an easy away win something like 3 nil hope they prove me wrong.

Lose this especially with a dire performance and Brown could lose the fans completely.

Hopefully get a face or two signed this week to give us what we are missing. Would be nice to get our own back on cowardly Artell that said he only cost himself a promotion on his CV!

Think we will win this just...

Fearing the worst

The atmosphere could turn toxic very quickly next Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

7. Poster thanked by

I don't consider this a derby, however I do welcome the opportunity to throw the form book out of the window against the slot badgers.

Defining game for Vale's season and Brown's managerial career. A good win and the pressure is temporarily lifted. Any sort of defeat and I fear that things will turn ugly on both scores.

Banker away win if ever there was one based on what I saw last week and what I've read about yesterday. Chris Porter must be rubbing his hands at the thought of coming up against our defence.

11. Poster thanked by

with the way they play football and our inability to organise even a friendly game without it impacting the first team I cant see anything but a Crewe win here. They lack quality but are organised and know whats expected, we lack quality or direction at all. in some respects i think It would be good for us to lose and keep the pressure on brown. Before anyone starts throwing their toys about my rationale is that its better for him to lose 5-6 games on the bounce and get fired or walk and leave another chap the chance to have a real go at it, than drag arse for 4 months and leave us in a tricky situation and a less than inviting prospect for both prospective owners and managers alike.
    Last edited by Mattholl; 20-08-17 at 12:53 PM.

13. Poster thanked by

14. Advert