onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Performances

Performances

Well as i have only been one game and i left at 84 mins .
    R they any better than last season .
    R the club going to fold as the performance last week was of a team who had resigned themselves to losing.
    R we beaten before a balls kicked and r the characters who play for our great club weak and character less.
    Is kay the answer at the back .
    Is smith singing delilah and not bothered is performance last week suggests he is .
    I believe he was along with kay at fault for the first goal yesterday.
    R the players been paid as the performance v Wycombe would suggest they are not
    What really is going on .
    There is no bite no annoyance in the players performances and no pride in the shirt.
    Hhe manager well is Harness any better than Kelly ,is Wilson better than Yates,is Gunning not a centre half maybe drop Smithand Kay and go with him and Davis .
    I want c leadership this week .
    How many games do we give a manager who has brought a losing mentality into the club.
    The players well u can respond in 2 ways u can have belief in yourselves and collectively deliver miles better performances or do what u doing and get us conference football.
    The ball is in your court if u think the level of performance u r delivering is good enough then u will never amount to anything.
    As for Brown u were a fighter a battler yet your team plays like half hearted losers.
    What u going do about it

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert

Quote Originally Posted by Vale fan in Alsager View Post
    Well as i have only been one game and i left at 84 mins .
    R they any better than last season .
    R the club going to fold as the performance last week was of a team who had resigned themselves to losing.
    R we beaten before a balls kicked and r the characters who play for our great club weak and character less.
    Is kay the answer at the back .
    Is smith singing delilah and not bothered is performance last week suggests he is .
    I believe he was along with kay at fault for the first goal yesterday.
    R the players been paid as the performance v Wycombe would suggest they are not
    What really is going on .
    There is no bite no annoyance in the players performances and no pride in the shirt.
    Hhe manager well is Harness any better than Kelly ,is Wilson better than Yates,is Gunning not a centre half maybe drop Smithand Kay and go with him and Davis .
    I want c leadership this week .
    How many games do we give a manager who has brought a losing mentality into the club.
    The players well u can respond in 2 ways u can have belief in yourselves and collectively deliver miles better performances or do what u doing and get us conference football.
    The ball is in your court if u think the level of performance u r delivering is good enough then u will never amount to anything.
    As for Brown u were a fighter a battler yet your team plays like half hearted losers.
    What u going do about it
    Brown thought they played well was he on about the behind closed door game against villa on tuesday or the game against chesterfield took players off because they looked tired after an hour of play is fitness programme is not working if they can not last 95 minutes in a match also he has five loan players on the books already till at least January he says he will be getting more players in the next few days that are left in this transfer window will these players be fit to come strait in to the first team

Ok ive been to all 3 league games and yes its been dissapointing but arent we all over-reacting a little. Its 270 mins worth of football.
    Crawley, brilliant for 55 minutes scored 3 goals.
    Wycombe only last 10 minutes did we ever start playing and scored 2 goals.
    Chesterfield the first 30 minutes was some of the best football and pressure ive seen for a long while, BUT we didnt score.
    Thats 5 goals and 95 minutes of good football in 3 games.
    Granted there is a lot to work on our defending has generally been poor at best. Our goalkeeping situation is a concern as Sams confidence is at rock bottom. We need an energetic midfielder (callum guy maybe). The players we have are good enough for the top end of this league the problem is Brown hasnt found the correct system to play with the players we have.
    Just remember folks 3 games thats all 3 games, lets get to 8-10 games then if nothing has changed, start to question decisions and personel.
    Oh and dont forget just because we got relegated it doesnt give us the devine right to get promoted the following season!!.
    Just my opinion. UTV, bring on the railway children satdee...

Quote Originally Posted by wwindsor View Post
    Ok ive been to all 3 league games and yes its been dissapointing but arent we all over-reacting a little. Its 270 mins worth of football.
    Chesterfield the first 30 minutes was some of the best football and pressure ive seen for a long while, BUT we didnt score.
    Granted there is a lot to work on our defending has generally been poor at best. Our goalkeeping situation is a concern as Sams confidence is at rock bottom. We need an energetic midfielder (callum guy maybe). The players we have are good enough for the top end of this league the problem is Brown hasnt found the correct system to play with the players we have.
    Just remember folks 3 games thats all 3 games, lets get to 8-10 games then if nothing has changed, start to question decisions and personel.
    Oh and dont forget just because we got relegated it doesnt give us the devine right to get promoted the following season!!.
    So if we have a league table based on all our good bits, but excluding all the bad bits we will be ok then!

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Eagle View Post
    So if we have a league table based on all our good bits, but excluding all the bad bits we will be ok then!
    Yep....

Quote Originally Posted by wwindsor View Post
    Fair points but people are looking at what's happened since Brown was appointed manager (caretaker or otherwise)..taking his record as a whole purely based on results it's very very poor. I'm on no way saying he should go cos I think there are myriad reasons why we are where we are, I don't think he's had time to get the best out of the current players and I don't reckon a new manager could turn things round quickly....but if after another 5 games Brown does not look like he can turn things round then it's right that his position is questioned. Having said that I don't think NS will fund bringing in anyone experienced who will make a big difference so we'll not improve dramatically anyway unless we unearth an unproven gem of a manager.

Have to admit I am more concerned than I have been for a very long time..perhaps more concerned than I have ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNYAITCH View Post
    Fair points but people are looking at what's happened since Brown was appointed manager (caretaker or otherwise)..taking his record as a whole purely based on results it's very very poor. I'm on no way saying he should go cos I think there are myriad reasons why we are where we are, I don't think he's had time to get the best out of the current players and I don't reckon a new manager could turn things round quickly....but if after another 5 games Brown does not look like he can turn things round then it's right that his position is questioned. Having said that I don't think NS will fund bringing in anyone experienced who will make a big difference so we'll not improve dramatically anyway unless we unearth an unproven gem of a manager.

Have to admit I am more concerned than I have been for a very long time..perhaps more concerned than I have ever been.
    What happens if we win the next 5 games though?, are we just masking over the problems we have, with the manager?. I find it hard to believe with the management team we have, Morgan solid defender, Kelly brilliant lower league striker and of course Brown no nonesence midfielder, we have the problems we can all see.
    What points total would we all take from the next 5 games?, 10, 11, 12?. I just feel at the moment after 3 games we are over-reacting a little. The players we have are better than the last 2 results we just need to find a formation that suits and hopefully the results will come.

10. Poster thanked by

People are reacting to an abysmal win ratio from MB. If this hasn't improved by the end of October it is going to be very difficult for anyone (MB or a replacement) to arrest the decline and retain our FL status. Performances did improve last season but points gained did not.
    One point per game = 46 points. That's the form under MB.

Last season Leyton Orient 36 = Relegation
    Hartlepool 46 = Relegation
    I know it's only three games played this season but Chesterfield are a very, very poor team, have had changes to their playing squad and collect even fewer points than us based on form since Christmas. We are a big fish in a small pond now we're in L2. If things (win ratio) has not improved after ten games Garlick must change the manager. I think MB needs to get four wins from the next seven games which would leave us on 15 points from the first ten games. Comfortable mid table. Obviously, as has been said, the bigger issue is the ownership.

13. Poster thanked by

14. Advert