onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Greedy players

Greedy players

There has been much talk in the press recently about player wages in the Prem and the demands of players like Alexis Sanchez. Sanchez is a top player so whilst his demands are excessive, he is the sort of player who is going to be at the top of the wage scale.

I have heard an astonishing story today about someone far lower down the food chain. This has come from someone inside the club so I have no reason to doubt it. Newcastle were interested in signing Tammy Abraham on loan from Chelsea. The lad had a very good season in the Championship last year but has actually played a mere 53 minutes of Prem football in two sub appearances. Abraham demanding £50k per week and all sorts of other lucrative appearance/goal bonuses. He also demanded a down payment of a million quid to buy a house for his parents (he lives with them). In the North East you could buy a castle for a million quid let alone a house!

Apparently Rafa Benitez was disillusioned by the young player's demands, from someone who had done nothing so great as to deserve this - yet? And so, Rafa and NUFC pulled the plug on the deal and decided to look elsewhere for someone "wanting to play for NUFC" rather than merely 'chasing the money before ambition'?

It appears Swansea HAVE paid this £1m for the house as well as a huge payment to his agent, whilst Abraham secured the £50k per week he demanded by signing a contract with Chelsea before he went out on loan to Swansea.

The world has gone mad.

2. Advert

While the figures quoted are ludicrous to the average person this player knew he could get what he was asking for and held out for it and got it. Fair play to the lad. The figures are relative to what players are being paid these days. If I had had the opportunity to play and make that sort of money you can bet I would have made sure I got the most possible. It is madness though!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko51 View Post
    There has been much talk in the press recently about player wages in the Prem and the demands of players like Alexis Sanchez. Sanchez is a top player so whilst his demands are excessive, he is the sort of player who is going to be at the top of the wage scale.

I have heard an astonishing story today about someone far lower down the food chain. This has come from someone inside the club so I have no reason to doubt it. Newcastle were interested in signing Tammy Abraham on loan from Chelsea. The lad had a very good season in the Championship last year but has actually played a mere 53 minutes of Prem football in two sub appearances. Abraham demanding £50k per week and all sorts of other lucrative appearance/goal bonuses. He also demanded a down payment of a million quid to buy a house for his parents (he lives with them). In the North East you could buy a castle for a million quid let alone a house!

Apparently Rafa Benitez was disillusioned by the young player's demands, from someone who had done nothing so great as to deserve this - yet? And so, Rafa and NUFC pulled the plug on the deal and decided to look elsewhere for someone "wanting to play for NUFC" rather than merely 'chasing the money before ambition'?

It appears Swansea HAVE paid this £1m for the house as well as a huge payment to his agent, whilst Abraham secured the £50k per week he demanded by signing a contract with Chelsea before he went out on loan to Swansea.

The world has gone mad.
    Blame Swansea and Chelsea not the player..if they are stupid enough to meet his demands they are to blame

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNYAITCH View Post
    Blame Swansea and Chelsea not the player..if they are stupid enough to meet his demands they are to blame
    Sell star for £45M, so desperate for replacements, mad, mad,....... Should get a tidy house on the Mumbles.
    Last edited by Fosse69; 17-08-17 at 07:55 PM.

There was the story this week of the Manchester United players who all went to a theatre one evening. Instead of finding a car park like everyone else, they all parked outside the theatre and took the £60 parking fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    There was the story this week of the Manchester United players who all went to a theatre one evening. Instead of finding a car park like everyone else, they all parked outside the theatre and took the £60 parking fine.
    Pure arrogance.Should have had their cars towed away.But even then they would just simply pay up and laugh it off due to ..... arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I can dream up a justification - true for not. Security, well known players can't walk round town without it as they will be mobbed by their own fans and attacked by other fans. Parking the car near the entrance reduces security risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko51 View Post

The world has gone mad.
    I feel football and the Premier League is some sort of mystical tree. But one thing in Abraham's favour is that he was a key figure in the England U21 team reaching the semi finals at the recent Euro Championship. He looked to be a good Premier League standard player to me in the games I watched. In particular he was a really good and very hard working target man.

This caught my eye earlier in the week, Carlos Tevez earns 634K/week and just banners off to Argentina for a few weeks for treatment. Are there no docs in China who can treat a calf injury.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40936434

11. Advert