onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin


donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
 

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 44

Thread: Greedy players

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,858

    Greedy players

    There has been much talk in the press recently about player wages in the Prem and the demands of players like Alexis Sanchez. Sanchez is a top player so whilst his demands are excessive, he is the sort of player who is going to be at the top of the wage scale.

    I have heard an astonishing story today about someone far lower down the food chain. This has come from someone inside the club so I have no reason to doubt it. Newcastle were interested in signing Tammy Abraham on loan from Chelsea. The lad had a very good season in the Championship last year but has actually played a mere 53 minutes of Prem football in two sub appearances. Abraham demanding £50k per week and all sorts of other lucrative appearance/goal bonuses. He also demanded a down payment of a million quid to buy a house for his parents (he lives with them). In the North East you could buy a castle for a million quid let alone a house!

    Apparently Rafa Benitez was disillusioned by the young player's demands, from someone who had done nothing so great as to deserve this - yet? And so, Rafa and NUFC pulled the plug on the deal and decided to look elsewhere for someone "wanting to play for NUFC" rather than merely 'chasing the money before ambition'?

    It appears Swansea HAVE paid this £1m for the house as well as a huge payment to his agent, whilst Abraham secured the £50k per week he demanded by signing a contract with Chelsea before he went out on loan to Swansea.

    The world has gone mad.


  2. Advert

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    At work
    Posts
    2,755
    While the figures quoted are ludicrous to the average person this player knew he could get what he was asking for and held out for it and got it. Fair play to the lad. The figures are relative to what players are being paid these days. If I had had the opportunity to play and make that sort of money you can bet I would have made sure I got the most possible. It is madness though!

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    East Devon
    Posts
    15,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacko51 View Post
    There has been much talk in the press recently about player wages in the Prem and the demands of players like Alexis Sanchez. Sanchez is a top player so whilst his demands are excessive, he is the sort of player who is going to be at the top of the wage scale.

    I have heard an astonishing story today about someone far lower down the food chain. This has come from someone inside the club so I have no reason to doubt it. Newcastle were interested in signing Tammy Abraham on loan from Chelsea. The lad had a very good season in the Championship last year but has actually played a mere 53 minutes of Prem football in two sub appearances. Abraham demanding £50k per week and all sorts of other lucrative appearance/goal bonuses. He also demanded a down payment of a million quid to buy a house for his parents (he lives with them). In the North East you could buy a castle for a million quid let alone a house!

    Apparently Rafa Benitez was disillusioned by the young player's demands, from someone who had done nothing so great as to deserve this - yet? And so, Rafa and NUFC pulled the plug on the deal and decided to look elsewhere for someone "wanting to play for NUFC" rather than merely 'chasing the money before ambition'?

    It appears Swansea HAVE paid this £1m for the house as well as a huge payment to his agent, whilst Abraham secured the £50k per week he demanded by signing a contract with Chelsea before he went out on loan to Swansea.

    The world has gone mad.
    Blame Swansea and Chelsea not the player..if they are stupid enough to meet his demands they are to blame

  5. #4
    Administrator Admin team
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    13,967
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNYAITCH View Post
    Blame Swansea and Chelsea not the player..if they are stupid enough to meet his demands they are to blame
    Sell star for £45M, so desperate for replacements, mad, mad,....... Should get a tidy house on the Mumbles.
    Last edited by Fosse69; 17-08-17 at 07:55 PM.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,785
    There was the story this week of the Manchester United players who all went to a theatre one evening. Instead of finding a car park like everyone else, they all parked outside the theatre and took the £60 parking fine.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    VALE-on-trent
    Posts
    15,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    There was the story this week of the Manchester United players who all went to a theatre one evening. Instead of finding a car park like everyone else, they all parked outside the theatre and took the £60 parking fine.
    Pure arrogance.Should have had their cars towed away.But even then they would just simply pay up and laugh it off due to ..... arrogance

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greasby, Wirral
    Posts
    4,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    There was the story this week of the Manchester United players who all went to a theatre one evening. Instead of finding a car park like everyone else, they all parked outside the theatre and took the £60 parking fine.
    I can dream up a justification - true for not. Security, well known players can't walk round town without it as they will be mobbed by their own fans and attacked by other fans. Parking the car near the entrance reduces security risk.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greasby, Wirral
    Posts
    4,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacko51 View Post
    There has been much talk in the press recently about player wages in the Prem and the demands of players like Alexis Sanchez. Sanchez is a top player so whilst his demands are excessive, he is the sort of player who is going to be at the top of the wage scale.

    I have heard an astonishing story today about someone far lower down the food chain. This has come from someone inside the club so I have no reason to doubt it. Newcastle were interested in signing Tammy Abraham on loan from Chelsea. The lad had a very good season in the Championship last year but has actually played a mere 53 minutes of Prem football in two sub appearances. Abraham demanding £50k per week and all sorts of other lucrative appearance/goal bonuses. He also demanded a down payment of a million quid to buy a house for his parents (he lives with them). In the North East you could buy a castle for a million quid let alone a house!

    Apparently Rafa Benitez was disillusioned by the young player's demands, from someone who had done nothing so great as to deserve this - yet? And so, Rafa and NUFC pulled the plug on the deal and decided to look elsewhere for someone "wanting to play for NUFC" rather than merely 'chasing the money before ambition'?

    It appears Swansea HAVE paid this £1m for the house as well as a huge payment to his agent, whilst Abraham secured the £50k per week he demanded by signing a contract with Chelsea before he went out on loan to Swansea.

    The world has gone mad.
    I feel football and the Premier League is some sort of mystical tree. But one thing in Abraham's favour is that he was a key figure in the England U21 team reaching the semi finals at the recent Euro Championship. He looked to be a good Premier League standard player to me in the games I watched. In particular he was a really good and very hard working target man.

  10. #9
    This caught my eye earlier in the week, Carlos Tevez earns 634K/week and just banners off to Argentina for a few weeks for treatment. Are there no docs in China who can treat a calf injury.

    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40936434

  11. Advert

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
On this day in history
Prediction leagues

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and you’ll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League
OVF Lead story
This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | More info
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated