onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Which experienced keeper should Vale sign?

This relates to this feature here -
    http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2017/08/...nother-keeper/

Michael Brown has hinted at bringing in another keeper to cover Rob Lainton's injury as he feels Sam Hornby may not be ready yet.

Do you think we need a more experienced presence between the sticks? If so, who should it be (Chris Neal is an obvious fans favourite while free agent Shay Given has been linked before)? Or should Brown keep faith with youngsters Hornby and/or Boot?

Is it even the right move to bring another keeper in? We had loads last season with none of them seemingly up to the standard of Jak Alnwick? Brown has already signed two this summer and handed contracts to another two. Can we afford a fifth?

Have your say on all the above by posting a reply...

2. Advert

Definitely Chris Neal if possible

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

4. Poster thanked by

shay given on non contract terms.

The recruitment of goalkeepers at this football club is genuinely farcical.

Are we collecting them?

Shame we didn't just get a decent and fit 'keeper with the wages we are spending on Lainton (who's never fit) and Hornby (who's no better than Boot.)

Shows Hornby is a **** poor signing if he doesn't think he's ready to play 1st football( I agree with this based on friendly performances) when you consider we already have Boot on who doesn't look ready for 1st team football either. Another goalkeeping farce could be upon us.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

In the last 5 Vale games I've been to (I didn't go to Walsall or Leeds) 5 different goalkeepers have played.

Quote Originally Posted by MBE View Post
    Shows Hornby is a **** poor signing if he doesn't think he's ready to play 1st football( I agree with this based on friendly performances) when you consider we already have Boot on who doesn't look ready for 1st team football either. Another goalkeeping farce could be upon us.

Agree another loan another drain on resources , how many loan players are we going to end up with - we need our own fit capable players for stability going forward otherwise we will have to start again in 10 months as these go back to the clubs or sign for someone else if they are any good--add to the older players our squad is only ever going to keep changing without continuity..
    Personally any available money should be spent on midfielders first priority.

11. Poster thanked by

MBE

I don't really know why we would not just play Boot to be honest give him a run of games to see if he can grow into being No.1 if not we know what to do at the end of the season. Money in the budget must go to midfield for at least 3 players.

13. Poster thanked by

14. Advert