onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Matchday Thread: Chesterfield v Port Vale

Please share your thoughts before, during and after the match.
    At least there is no mid-week distraction before the trip to the Spire town. Plenty of time to prepare, plan and pick a group of players to put a bit of pride into their performance. It is early days, players do not gel straight away after another change around, and early results are erratic until teams settle down. Have we played two mid table teams or a bottom and a top club? Injuries are taking their toll again, there is the need to bring in a midfield dynamo/general, but I have a feeling we will need to rely on our mixture of old heads and youth. Getting the mix right takes time, hopefully we will we more able to cope in this game, with a greater concentration on youth, things can only get better.

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert

Would love to see a terrible 0-0 draw. Think we need to concentrate on clean sheets at this stage whilst we try and find a pattern of play to create chances over the course of the next 5 games.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

5. Poster thanked by

3-1 Chesterfield in a romp.

Administrator Admin team
    2-2 draw

Lainton / Boot

Davis Kay Smith Denton

Whitfield Reeves Tonge ADF

Pope Turner

It can only get better , I hope

Bottom of the table. If we've got any intention of going up we should be going out for a win.

11. Poster thanked by

Judging on the performances at the weekend, if I was Brown I'd be totally brutal and drop anyone who underperformed. Therefore I'd go with:
    4:5:1 - like at Crawley.
    Hornby
    Gibbons (surely he can't do any worse than Wilson has done in the first 2)
    Kay
    Smith
    Denton
    Tonge
    Reeves
    De Freitas
    Whitfield
    Pope
    Turner

People might moan at Pope yesterday but I believe he will be crucial in away games.

I really have no hope for this one. They have not won in their first 3 in all comps. So that means only one thing, a comfortable 2-0 Chesterfield win. Brown making excuses for each goal. We can only hope I'm wrong but after watching the game yesterday all my hope has gone I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I am going to the game. I hope we are better than the two away games I went to last season at Bury and Bolton which were dreadful performances. I think we would have got a better outcome yesterday if the team was set up 451. I think the Chesterfield game should be started with a team set up that way. A question is whether the players who came on and made an impact should start? I think Tonge is am important player and needs to come back in if fit.

14. Advert