onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin


Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
 
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
 
 

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 11 of 75
  1. #1
    Administrator Admin team
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    15,035

    Vale v West Brom, last of the friendlies

    With the real stuff not far away, it should be a real test against our old adversaries. Some great games in the past, but a couple of low points at Villa Park and Wembley, but now the gap between the 2 clubs is at its widest. Put all that behind us and prepare for the journey back, will there be a surpise player on the pitch?

  2. Advert Advert


  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Crewe
    Posts
    2,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosse69 View Post
    With the real stuff not far away, it should be a real test against our old adversaries. Some great games in the past, but a couple of low points at Villa Park and Wembley, but now the gap between the 2 clubs is at its widest. Put all that behind us and prepare for the journey back, will there be a surpise player on the pitch?
    Its only a friendly and with only 4 days before the season starts they are not going to be hammer and tongues and risk injuries.

  4. Poster thanked by


  5. #3
    It seems strange to me that we are playing a game 4 days before the start of a season. Most years we play our last pre season game a week before the season starts and maybe the youth players and those fringe players might have a game in midweek. I just hope that no more injuries are sustained in a game that we probably don't need to play.

  6. Poster thanked by


  7. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    13,881
    After what WBA tried to do to Zaha, I'd be a bit wary of picking key players for this game.

  8. #5
    Administrator Admin team
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    15,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucknall Rob View Post
    It seems strange to me that we are playing a game 4 days before the start of a season. Most years we play our last pre season game a week before the season starts and maybe the youth players and those fringe players might have a game in midweek. I just hope that no more injuries are sustained in a game that we probably don't need to play.
    It seems to be more for the convenience of West Brom than us, especially with our game at Leeds the week after. Are we trying for a loan deal from them?

  9. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,130
    A training session to add a little edge for the Crawley and Leeds games, nothing more and even if Vale win 6-0 or lose 0-6, nothing much should be read into it.

    I'm not saying it should not be played, just that the result won't have any bearing on the proper matches to follow.

  10. #7
    Administrator Admin team
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    15,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Bea Smith View Post
    A training session to add a little edge for the Crawley and Leeds games, nothing more and even if Vale win 6-0 or lose 0-6, nothing much should be read into it.

    I'm not saying it should not be played, just that the result won't have any bearing on the proper matches to follow.
    The highest ranked opposition of the friendlies, what their line up will be who knows, but likely to be a high standard more of a test than previous games. Not that the result matters but certainly inter-play should be building. Most importantly no injuries.

  11. #8
    I wonder how Tony pulis will be received by the Vale fans ?

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

  12. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    adderley green
    Posts
    461
    I like Pulis more now he's not at sjoke obviously,and he did have a spat at shawcross and sjoke after the Berrahino drug saga so he's not all bad.

  13. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
    I wonder how Tony pulis will be received by the Vale fans ?

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app
    I'm sure he'll manage a smile whatever and he'll be joined on the bench by Gary Megson who has replaced the outgoing Dave Kemp.

  14. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    just checking the length,in the darkness
    Posts
    9,914
    This game could show how little quality in depth we have at the moment as Brown has said he will be resting players,so i guess players like Yates,Kelly,De Freitas,Reeves,Turner and a few others will get a game...the worry is if you rest Harness and Montano(injured anyway) what other wingers do we have?

    Could be ideal to play a couple of trialists tomorrow

  15. Advert Advert


FREE Prediction Leagues
We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and you’ll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

On this day...


From the frontpage
Advert
 
This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated