onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Vale v West Brom, last of the friendlies

With the real stuff not far away, it should be a real test against our old adversaries. Some great games in the past, but a couple of low points at Villa Park and Wembley, but now the gap between the 2 clubs is at its widest. Put all that behind us and prepare for the journey back, will there be a surpise player on the pitch?

2. Advert

Quote Originally Posted by Fosse69 View Post
    With the real stuff not far away, it should be a real test against our old adversaries. Some great games in the past, but a couple of low points at Villa Park and Wembley, but now the gap between the 2 clubs is at its widest. Put all that behind us and prepare for the journey back, will there be a surpise player on the pitch?
    Its only a friendly and with only 4 days before the season starts they are not going to be hammer and tongues and risk injuries.

4. Poster thanked by

It seems strange to me that we are playing a game 4 days before the start of a season. Most years we play our last pre season game a week before the season starts and maybe the youth players and those fringe players might have a game in midweek. I just hope that no more injuries are sustained in a game that we probably don't need to play.

6. Poster thanked by

After what WBA tried to do to Zaha, I'd be a bit wary of picking key players for this game.

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucknall Rob View Post
    It seems strange to me that we are playing a game 4 days before the start of a season. Most years we play our last pre season game a week before the season starts and maybe the youth players and those fringe players might have a game in midweek. I just hope that no more injuries are sustained in a game that we probably don't need to play.
    It seems to be more for the convenience of West Brom than us, especially with our game at Leeds the week after. Are we trying for a loan deal from them?

A training session to add a little edge for the Crawley and Leeds games, nothing more and even if Vale win 6-0 or lose 0-6, nothing much should be read into it.

I'm not saying it should not be played, just that the result won't have any bearing on the proper matches to follow.

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by Bea Smith View Post
    A training session to add a little edge for the Crawley and Leeds games, nothing more and even if Vale win 6-0 or lose 0-6, nothing much should be read into it.

I'm not saying it should not be played, just that the result won't have any bearing on the proper matches to follow.
    The highest ranked opposition of the friendlies, what their line up will be who knows, but likely to be a high standard more of a test than previous games. Not that the result matters but certainly inter-play should be building. Most importantly no injuries.

I wonder how Tony pulis will be received by the Vale fans ?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

I like Pulis more now he's not at sjoke obviously,and he did have a spat at shawcross and sjoke after the Berrahino drug saga so he's not all bad.

13. Advert