Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
    Concierge class cabin en route to Bristol

Changes to the law

What changes to our laws would you like to see introduced. Can be serious or can be trivial and just cos it's trivial it doesn't mean you are ignoring serious issues and just cos you don't mention an issue doesn't mean you are Ok with how things are.

What should be made illegal that isn't or made legal that is currently illegal. And equally importantly..why?

I'd like to see our drug laws changed so that drug use is decriminalised and addicts treated as opposed to being prosecuted as criminals. Dealing should remain a criminal offence though.

On the trivial side I'd like to see mobile/tablet use banned from all restaurants except in an emergency..and a facebook/twitter update does not qualify as an emergency :)

2. Advert

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNYAITCH View Post
    What changes to our laws would you like to see introduced. Can be serious or can be trivial and just cos it's trivial it doesn't mean you are ignoring serious issues and just cos you don't mention an issue doesn't mean you are Ok with how things are.

What should be made illegal that isn't or made legal that is currently illegal. And equally importantly..why?

I'd like to see our drug laws changed so that drug use is decriminalised and addicts treated as opposed to being prosecuted as criminals. Dealing should remain a criminal offence though.

On the trivial side I'd like to see mobile/tablet use banned from all restaurants except in an emergency..and a facebook/twitter update does not qualify as an emergency :)
    If all drugs were made legal, would there be any dealers? Surely the legal suppliers would be far cheaper, it is the illegality that makes poppy seed products expensive.

Not sure....tobacco and alcohol is cheaper from illegal sources. I dare say the price from legal sources would be driven down as supply increased to meet demand and users had wider/easier access and so could choose where to get their drugs but there would still be illegal suppliers.

I suppose the half way solution is as per alcohol/tobacco illegal dealing should be a criminal offence

Punishment for politcians who make manifesto pledges that they can not and do not keep.
    They would then be more inclined to make honest statements and prevent pledges/speeches given merely to gain votes.

I think you're forgetting why drink and drugs trading was significantly tightened or banned in the first place - it was the effect on society. We've seen just how bad things have become with an illegal trade in drugs. If it was legalised wouldn't the effect be much worse?

Certainly that's how it was sold to the public..that illegality would benefit society..that and stopping stoned soldiers on the front line form killing each other

It could be that it's now good for society to make drugs legal though..that's part of the debate
    Last edited by JOHNNYAITCH; 04-07-17 at 11:05 AM.

Administrator Admin team
    In a shed just behind OVF towers waiting for my ration book
    Standardised sentencing
    Life to mean life

The law being applied to everyone.. no exceptions or exemptions

no public disclosure of offenses before court appearance or charge laid

Allow pub owners the choice to have a smoking pub

Increase the price of alcohol comparatively to tobacco.

Legalise prostitution

I would like to see harsher sentences for child and animal abuse,drink-driving and use of a mobile phone while driving.

10. Poster thanked by

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNYAITCH View Post
    Not sure....tobacco and alcohol is cheaper from illegal sources. I dare say the price from legal sources would be driven down as supply increased to meet demand and users had wider/easier access and so could choose where to get their drugs but there would still be illegal suppliers.

I suppose the half way solution is as per alcohol/tobacco illegal dealing should be a criminal offence
    Instead of the Drug barons getting rich the equivalent taxes would go into the public purse to repair the drug damage?

12. Advert