Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Matchday Thread: Oxford United v Port Vale

Off to Oxford for hopefully a Tale of the Unexpected. A unexpected win, with an unexpected team, in an unexpected formation. Attack with Eagles behind the striker to put the Easter eggs into the net. Time is running out, que sera, sera.

2. Advert

Mehmet

Taylor / Gibbons
    Smith
    Streete
    Bikey
    Tanser

Foley
    Amaros
    De Freitas

Eagles

Cecilia

4. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Mehmet

Taylor / Gibbons
    Smith
    Streete
    Bikey
    Tanser

Foley
    Amaros
    De Freitas

Eagles

Cecilia
    Almost agree but you've got no chance of seeing Amoros in that team. So stick Pugh in his place and that's probably what I'd go for. My patience has finally run out with Hooper, after a really lazy, disinterested performance yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Biddulph_PV View Post
    Almost agree but you've got no chance of seeing Amoros in that team. So stick Pugh in his place and that's probably what I'd go for. My patience has finally run out with Hooper, after a really lazy, disinterested performance yesterday.
    He won't play 3 5 2 so its all pointless. Itll be 4 5 1

Mehmet

Taylor
    Smith
    Streete
    Tanser

Foley
    Pugh
    Eagles
    Hooper
    De Freitas

Cecilia

Administrator Admin team
    Hard to see us getting much from these remaining games, but I think it may go down to the last day.

I hope Brown tries something different for once, because we seem to do the same thing every week away & to watch it really is predictable & just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Biddulph_PV View Post
    My patience has finally run out with Hooper, after a really lazy, disinterested performance yesterday.
    Unfortunately I have to agree that you're spot on there. I was hoping for better things from Hooper and even though he's a fish out of water on the wing his efforts are dire, it's like playing with 10 men, he doesn't even chase back or try to close the opposition full back down.

This has to be the game where we go for it 'win or bust'. With the repeated failure of trying to keep it tight and play on the break with one up top the approach has to change. One point will still see us behind Bury given our chronic goal difference so we have to try and win. Very tough and a tall order but fortune follows the brave so I'd go for a 4-4-2 start with eyes on a gung-ho 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 change if necessary. I wouldn't sit back to 'defend' a lead either as we can't do that as proven throughout the season. I'd be looking at a starting line up of something like

Mehmet (on the basis of little choice!)

Taylor
    Bikey
    Smith
    Kiko (on the basis that although he's hopeless defensively he's probably better than Tanser, which is like saying AIDS is better than the Black Death)

Eagles
    Foley
    Pugh
    De Freitas (has always impressed me on the left, his best position IMO)

Big Veg
    Turner (big ask & risk but the lad has genuine potential and might just do the business. He can't be worse than Hooper's recent contributions anyway.)

Somehow though I think Browny will be over cautious again and start with one up front.

Administrator Admin team
    Only difference for Oxford is that they can no longer make the POs, so they may relax, clutching at straws but anything will do in our predicament.

Bikey was our second best player yesterday after Nathan despite carrying a noticeable injury throughout the game. However will he be fit enough to play again on Monday. Although Streete was on the bench Brown didn't trust him. I would bring Amoros and Turner in for Hooper and Pugh. I'd play Eagles in the number 10 role and then hope for a miracle.

11. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    He won't play 3 5 2 so its all pointless. Itll be 4 5 1

Mehmet

Taylor
    Smith
    Streete
    Tanser

Foley
    Pugh
    Eagles
    Hooper
    De Freitas

Cecilia
    Cecilia: 26 league appearances - 4 goals. Although he's not good enough, he has not had a decent player along side him often enough and assists have been few.
    A lone striker who can't score. What chance of a goal is there with that formation.
    A team obviously has to score to win. I'd love a win at Oxford and hope that good fortune somehow provides a goal. But....?

13. Advert