Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Matchday Thread: Coventry C v Port Vale

Glimmer of light at the end of the Escape Tunnel, still early days but the graft on the pitch and encouragement from the stands is starting to pay-off. Next 4 or 5 games, now that Rochdale has been slipped in, appear to have the best chance of points, especially away points, to climb a few positions. Hopefully Sky Blues will have their eyes mainly on Wembley, but injuries permitting and an extra day of preparation should give us a good chance of 3 points.

2. Advert

I think if we can get 3 points on the road it will be a massive, massive boost to everyone concerned. I cannot believe we only have one away win in us in a season. I think we need to be extra concentrated and, if another ugly 60+ mins is required before we open the game up, then so be it. If Forrester and Guy aren't fit, I'm not sure what team to go with tbh. I think I'd be inclined to go 4-4-2 with Hooper leading the line and Eagles off him. No idea who goes wide left - Shodipo perhaps to cut in? - with Taylor on the right. I hope Pugh is fit, I do think he's a miss. I think him and Foley with the same defence would represent a pretty strong team. Deliberately avoided the young lads but they will inevitably play their parts as we try to inject a bit of energy in the latter stages. A point is the bare minimum requirement; the reality is we need all three.

If were going to only win one more away game this season it's gotta be this one.

Mehmet
    Kiko
    Smith
    Bikey
    Purkiss

Foley
    Guy / Reeves
    Taylor
    Shodipo / Kelly

Eagles

Hooper

Bench

Forrester / Cecilia
    Turner
    Fasan
    Pugh / Tavares / Amaros / Reeves / Guy
    Thomas / Kelly / Shodipo
    Street
    Knopps / Tanser

Lots of variables because who knows who will be injured / recovered in time.

I would play Bikey on Tuesday to rest Streete, we can't afford another injury. Would drop Forrester and give him more of a rest too. Reeves has impressed me so far and so I'd put him ahead of the likes of Tavares etc.

If we win this we could potentially be out of the bottom four, thats big motivation. Cmon Vale.

First away trip of the season for me, and a huge game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Administrator Admin team
    We have to make the games in hand count, especially this one.

Another game that is massive for us and could easily be a stumbling block as they have nothing to loose, apart from getting injured and not playing at Wembley. If the players relax too much, then they could get the upper hand.

After the last few matches, I feel that the players and staff could get Vale out of the mess they are currently in and end up mid'ish table.

8. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by PVFC764 View Post
    Another game that is massive for us and could easily be a stumbling block as they have nothing to loose, apart from getting injured and not playing at Wembley. If the players relax too much, then they could get the upper hand.

After the last few matches, I feel that the players and staff could get Vale out of the mess they are currently in and end up mid'ish table.
    We wont end up midish table, I'll just be happy to stay up.

Surely Coventry have given up on the league by now & it will be human nature for their players to try their damdest to avoid injury before their big day at Wembly?....😆😆

With the frequency of the games now and the lack of rest time our big squad will finally be an advantage.

12. Advert