onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Shrewsbury

Another must win game, of many to come, if the Escape route is to be kept open. There are always twists and turns but we may need more than 50 points. Shrews are struggling too and need to be kept in the mix as well as our need for a win. No doubt the usual shuffle with injuries, good news that Streete is in the running again. Hope our stamina holds up as the visitors do not have a game in midweek. Keep the hopes alive.

2. Advert

Since the start of the year, shrews have picked up 22 points. 4th best in division. Only Fleetwood, Sheff Utd and Bradford have picked up more points in 2017. Weve picked up 8 points.

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by beasty77 View Post
    Since the start of the year, shrews have picked up 22 points. 4th best in division. Only Fleetwood, Sheff Utd and Bradford have picked up more points in 2017. Weve picked up 8 points.
    Not so long ago they were bottom, they have done very well but seem to be coasting at present with a couple of draws, 1 win, 1 loss in the last 4 games. Clutching at straws probably.

Will we ever keep a clean sheet again this season?

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by valeparklife View Post
    Will we ever keep a clean sheet again this season?
    Probably not, but I would settle for a few 3-2 wins.

After last night's disappointment I'd go with:

Mehmet
    Purkiss Streete? Smith Kiko
    Shodipo Guy Foley Hooper
    Eagles
    Forrester

Fancied us to beat Swindon and fancy us to win this. I think if we win this we'll stay up, anything else I think we're goners! It's that big of a match!

8. Poster thanked by

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by oakesypvfc View Post
    After last night's disappointment I'd go with:

Mehmet
    Purkiss Streete? Smith Kiko
    Shodipo Guy Foley Hooper
    Eagles
    Forrester

Fancied us to beat Swindon and fancy us to win this. I think if we win this we'll stay up, anything else I think we're goners! It's that big of a match!
    Confidence booster for the key matches about to come up.

Administrator Admin team
    Every game is a must win from now until the end of the season really, but this & the Coventry result will be massive indicators of where we're going to end up. Minimum of 4 points from the 2 required, although really should be getting 6, regardless of form guides & stats.

People are obviously gutted after last night (including me), but before the game a lot were saying that Friday is more important, which I agree with, & also that we need so many wins from the remaining games. However, as soon as we lose one, the majority suddenly change their opinion & we're definitely going down again.

Trying to look at it from a realistic point of view (with a bit of optimism of course), we still have a lot more football to play than the others, & just as we did last night, the rest are almost guaranteed to slip up too (which is why we're all in the same position).

Win Friday & Oldham lose at Peterborough, we're back to our position post Swindon, 2 points from safety, with 2/3 games in hand over Shrews/Oldham. Beat Coventry & we could be out of the zone entirely, with games in hand still. Big ask but it can happen!

The next week is massive, yes, but it's nowhere near over yet, keep the faith. UTV

11. Poster thanked by

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    Every game is a must win from now until the end of the season really, but this & the Coventry result will be massive indicators of where we're going to end up. Minimum of 4 points from the 2 required, although really should be getting 6, regardless of form guides & stats.

People are obviously gutted after last night (including me), but before the game a lot were saying that Friday is more important, which I agree with, & also that we need so many wins from the remaining games. However, as soon as we lose one, the majority suddenly change their opinion & we're definitely going down again.

Trying to look at it from a realistic point of view (with a bit of optimism of course), we still have a lot more football to play than the others, & just as we did last night, the rest are almost guaranteed to slip up too (which is why we're all in the same position).

Win Friday & Oldham lose at Peterborough, we're back to our position post Swindon, 2 points from safety, with 2/3 games in hand over Shrews/Oldham. Beat Coventry & we could be out of the zone entirely, with games in hand still. Big ask but it can happen!

The next week is massive, yes, but it's nowhere near over yet, keep the faith. UTV
    Twists and turns, elation then despair. Of course we have weaknesses in the side and a fair number of injuries, otherwise we would not be in our current position. We all know the reasons, but for the time being it is a game at a time, then onto the next one.

13. Advert