Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Not looking forward to this game without Streete, maybe by Saturday the dark clouds will have lifted slightly. I just forget what somebody said "Comes out of adversity", but at least the battlers and strong hearts shine out, how many we have remains to be seen. Maybe some of the Summer recruits are fit enough now to help out?

2. Advert

Big Big game and must win with the look of the next three fixtures to follow. Win here and things will feel a bit better but be tough if Remie is out (see if he has broken leg).

Three games in a week may be tough on Foley who apparently wasn't wanted to be risked last night according to Brown but had to play.

Don't think Rovers are great travellers so an opportunity though.

We need things to go for us, but I'm worried about where the goals are coming from (1 in the last 3 games, scored by a defender).

I didn't go last night, but what I can say is I've seen no lack of fight in the Posh, Scunthorpe and Gillingham games. This gives me some hope.

If we can get 5 points from the next 3 games, then I really believe we'll stay up maybe even with less than 50 points.

Or put it this way..if we can win on Saturday, we'd need just about a point per game from there onwards.

If we have to do it the ugly way, I don't care.
    Last edited by smithie; 15-02-17 at 10:08 AM.

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    We need things to go for us, but I'm worried about where the goals are coming from (1 in the last 3 games, scored by a defender).

I didn't go last night, but what I can say is I've seen no lack of fight in the Posh, Scunthorpe and Gillingham games. This gives me some hope.

If we can get 5 points from the next 3 games, then I really believe we'll stay up maybe even with less than 50 points.

Or put it this way..if we can win on Saturday, we'd need just about a point per game from there onwards.

If we have to do it the ugly way, I don't care.
    Let's face it, the only way we're going to win from now until the end of the season is ugly. Agree with all of it though, & yes, despite having a shocking level of quality, there is definitely some effort & fight in there (didn't go last night either but still).

I think fight is all we have left. Seem to be devoid of confidence, luck and skill at present, as befits a team struggling at the base end of the Division.

Not sure if it's Brownys or Smurf's orders but the "Bruno" squad appears to have disappeared off the face of Planet Vale. Not suggesting any of those recruits are any better than the current players but we are desperately running out of time so isn't it worth juggling about a bit to see if others can muster some sort of effort to keep us up?

Walker, after his first game when we were all creaming our pants in expectancy, is showing signs of not being our saviour.

Scratching my head as to what can now be done to stop this ever depressing crash towards Division 2.

My only bright spot of last night was that 2 of my mates( Notts County and Aston Vanilla fans)are feeling similar to me about their clubs declines. It does give me a hint of hope that others are as worse or worse off than us!

Who'd be a footie fan, eh?

After 40 years of following home and away .. And i never thought I'd say it, I'm close to not caring .. Very sad

8. Poster thanked by

Vale should charge adults 10 for this game to pack the park. fans simply wont pay 44 for 2 home games on the trot. Im a season ticket holder by the way.

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by beasty77 View Post
    Vale should charge adults 10 for this game to pack the park. fans simply wont pay 44 for 2 home games on the trot. Im a season ticket holder by the way.
    Falling on deaf ears though mate, not sure many at the club take notice of what is said on here anyway (& they're not proactive enough to think of something like this themselves). In the unlikely event of it happening, it'd still be announced on Thursday/Friday & barely promoted knowing us.

Quote Originally Posted by beasty77 View Post
    Agreed, and if not we certainly have time to do it for the Bradford game.

12. Advert