Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Port Vale deadline day discussion

Note: Any non-Vale deadline day moves can be discussed here

Will Vale add a new goalkeeper? Will any more players leave by "mutual consent"? Will Anthony Grant stay or go? Will any loan signings or permanent deals be made?

Discuss all of Vale's deadline day activity here...

2. Advert

Not long to go.

If Grant goes we'll need a good defensive midfield player as well as a good goalie, so two headaches there for Brown straight away.

But I wonder if we might see even more departures and arrivals. An extra defender I would suggest. In addition, the first XI is beginning to look VERY thin on experience and know-how so I'd prefer to see 1-2 experienced lads arriving rather than youngsters. We can't afford to lose Grant & Taylor from the squad - and Brown himself looks like he's more or less hung up his boots.
    It struck me tonight that there's only a couple of current first-teamers I can think of who have played more than about 30 games at this level. We must be concerned about that.

I don't envy the cards Brown has been dealt. He'll have his work cut out.
    McGarry reckons it's going to be a busy day for us which makes a change from our normal January business.

I would like to see at least two experienced heads signed up tomorrow.
    We are in a relegation battle, face a difficult run of fixtures and are just keeping our heads above water.
    We ship goals for fun and have just lost our player of the season..... our goalkeeper.
    The squad we have is poor. I don't envy Brown but I would like to see experience which could be valuable in keeping us up.

5. Poster thanked by

It looks like Williams the keeper will be coming in so he will add some experience and i would think if more leave then we could see 3 or 4 more on top come in.

I am excited by this deadline day for once

7. Poster thanked by

If no one else, we need an experienced keeper now as a priority, ideally another old head in defence, not confident in Boot or Johnson.

Radio stoke have reported that they are "hearing" that we are in for a goalkeeper, a defender and another player on loan from QPR.

10. Poster thanked by

Today is going to be nail biting. Will we or wont we get our targets.

Normally it is quiet January - not this year.

Good luck to the staff at Vale and hope you get all your players you've ear marked. Can someone check the fax is working (if they still use one).

Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    Not long to go.

If Grant goes we'll need a good defensive midfield player as well as a good goalie, so two headaches there for Brown straight away.

But I wonder if we might see even more departures and arrivals. An extra defender I would suggest. In addition, the first XI is beginning to look VERY thin on experience and know-how so I'd prefer to see 1-2 experienced lads arriving rather than youngsters. We can't afford to lose Grant & Taylor from the squad - and Brown himself looks like he's more or less hung up his boots.
    It struck me tonight that there's only a couple of current first-teamers I can think of who have played more than about 30 games at this level. We must be concerned about that.

I don't envy the cards Brown has been dealt. He'll have his work cut out.
    McGarry reckons it's going to be a busy day for us which makes a change from our normal January business.
    Said the same yesterday about Grant. We don't have anyone who can do that job for me in the current squad. It needs a good experienced player there, not a fill in from the current squad.

I think we will need to see some more departures to free up more money on the wage bill. The problem is getting them out, but Brown seems to have done well so far to get rid of those Bruno signings under contract already.

Raiding qpr well another youngster I guess apparently according the radio stoke!!!!!

14. Advert