Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Peterborough Utd

Get behind the lads as they maintain their improvement in form and play. What the team could/will be should be clearer by Wednesday morning, more ins and outs than a cuckoo clock?

2. Advert

These have been battered recently by Oldham and mk dons I think. Attack them from the off get an early goal and we will be comfortable here. 3-1 vale and am looking forward to the match for once.

Be plenty of goals in this game i reckon. Be nice get a decent ref for once aswell. Think we will win just about 3 2 with walker forrester and guy scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Proctor View Post
    Be plenty of goals in this game i reckon. Be nice get a decent ref for once aswell. Think we will win just about 3 2 with walker forrester and guy scoring.
    Know that's silly the referees panel need to call refs in to look at there mistakes and give them extra training and an eye test also fitness test as some can not keep up with play .

We will win this if the same team as yesterday play with the same attitude - but therein lies the problem, keeping the same team

Quote Originally Posted by valiant_593 View Post
    These have been battered recently by Oldham and mk dons I think. Attack them from the off get an early goal and we will be comfortable here. 3-1 vale and am looking forward to the match for once.
    Over the last 6 games, they are below us in the league (fourth from bottom), so their confidence should be low. Time to get out the battering ram.

Refereeing needs to be changed. In a sport where there is now so much betting on pretty much everything that happens in games, there has to be video used and an additional official to overrule the ref and bring play back if needed. Otherwise corruption could ruin the game.
    Decisions like the penalty yesterday make me think like this.

Quote Originally Posted by valiant steve View Post
    Refereeing needs to be changed. In a sport where there is now so much betting on pretty much everything that happens in games, there has to be video used and an additional official to overrule the ref and bring play back if needed. Otherwise corruption could ruin the game.
    Decisions like the penalty yesterday make me think like this.
    Yes it was a shocking decision to award a penalty and my opinion is that the ref had a shocker of a game but refs are not helped by so many cheating players in the modern game, look at Davies' antics and all the shirt pulling that goes on.

Referees maybe be poor but there is no way they are corrupt and cheats and just wish players would help them out more.

I think the thing that infuriates me about Saturday is that arguably that was probably the best team we are likely to put out for the rest of the season. A win or even a point would have been a huge boost and whilst I appreciate those that went will have seen chinks of light, for me it's just a sense of deja vu. Lack of concentration, inability to do the right thing, lack of professionalism call it what you will.

Yes, we lost to top of the league blah blah blah, but this is Scunthorpe, a team on similar level to us, so felt significantly less palatable than it happening against a Sheff Utd, Bradford, Bolton etc.

I reckon we've seen the last of Alnwick and Grant and quite possibly Streete. Maybe we'll replace them, maybe not. So on Saturday I expect us to concede - my guess would be at least two. I already thought we had a certain flakiness about us - as I predicted last week at HT vs Bury - but the thought of having Boot in goal plus Knopps and Purkiss in two of the four defensive positions AND no Grant shielding is frankly the stuff of nightmares for me.

Hope I'm wrong, but I predict 1-3.

11. Advert