Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Matchday Thread: Scunthorpe U v Port Vale

Go for it Vale. First double of the season? Take the Iron by surprise, maybe they will be rusty and not bright after missing a game due to frost? Or complacent with a long unbeaten run at home. As for the team, it is likely that Alnwick will be back between the sticks, hopefully the new formation growing in familiarity and confidence, maybe a debut for Danny Rowe?

2. Advert

If we can get a point here i would be very happy but we have got to start picking up some wins away from home,i just hope that Brown does go for it and tries to get at them,surely he cant drop Hooper or Walker so go two up top again and if Taylor does go and we do sign Rowe then yes put him in for Taylor if he is ready

.............................Alnwic k...................

..Purkiss..........Streete......... .Smith.......Kiko.....

...Rowe?(if we get him)....Grant....Guy......Thomas... .

...............Hooper........Walker ............

Not lost a home league game since Dec 2015, 25 games ago. Wow. 1-0 Vale then.

6. Poster thanked by

Alnwick
    Purkiss
    Streete
    Smith
    Kiko
    De Freitas
    Grant
    Guy
    Thomas
    Hooper
    Walker

I'm afraid I can only see this going one way and that's a Scunny win. Our away form fills me with no hope at all. 2-0 Scunthorpe

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

They've done remarkably well all season. I've expected them to falter with the two big clubs Bolton and SU breathing down their necks but to their credit they haven't. And it's nice to see. I know the chairman puts in the cash but the manager and players have to perform and they're doing that week after week. They've also strengthened a lot in January and have some fire-power in their team. It's hard to see us getting anything at all there but an improved away performance would be nice.

A nothing to lose game so, yes, go for it without being gung-ho. We need to give the opposition something to think about when we're away so they don't just park their centre halves on the half way line and bombard us like happened every away game under Bruno of Button Moon.

10. Poster thanked by

Absolutely right.
    At least now we do have forwards like JJ and Anton who can hold up the ball and help us to move up the pitch.
    When we had one lone striker whose first touch was sometimes poor (Cecilia) the ball never stuck. And even when Thomas was up there for a few games he couldn't keep possession either.
    It's crucial that the front two perform well.

12. Poster thanked by

Just to get a few shots at goal or our first away goal since bolton in october would be some kind of achievement and improvement for me. It should be a routine home win 2 or 3 nil but im just hoping we at least try to score which in some away games we dont even try to do.

14. Advert