onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valeparklife View Post
    He would be a good backup left back but we already have Knops and Kiko on the books permanently so makes sense to free up a wage for some more attackers.
    My thoughts entirely.

Thanks for your contribution Sam, hope you enjoyed your time at the Vale and best wishes and good luck for the future.

2. Advert

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient mariner View Post
    Seagulls would be welcome at this stage never mind eagles.
    Except over seating

I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for him because for me he had more ability than others have seen in him and he was completely messed around by Bruno and played out of position. How many times did he start as a left back? And in a very poor team it's even harder for a young lad to cope.

I was impressed with his energy levels and his commitment and feel that in different circumstances he could have done well for us.

I'm not sure you can say for sure that Kiko is a better left back. He's only started about 4 games for us hasn't he? But we don't need 3 left backs (nor 5 goalkeepers) so it does make sense to let Hart leave.

I wish him well. No doubt it's been a good learning experience for him in tough circumstances but I do feel that we let him down a little when he came here on loan as a young left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    There should be no need for a cull, if the club had been run properly in the close season (Again) we shouldn't be messing about now.
    It's always a gamble bringing any player to a club free or big money you just don't know if they are going to 'click' or not!!

Quote Originally Posted by carpetman123 View Post
    It's always a gamble bringing any player to a club free or big money you just don't know if they are going to 'click' or not!!
    I had a fair idea that at least 75% of the continental experiment would and have failed and I didn't buy into the we will set this league alight and we will be selling them at Christmas for big money there is a gamble and a gamble and I wouldn't back Smurf in a one horse race.

Hate to stick the boot into a young lad - but he was a woeful player. Positional sense was beyond bad, and his overall game has very little to excite.

Once he leaves Liverpool, I doubt he'll get a club above National North level.

Quote Originally Posted by jjvale_03 View Post
    Hate to stick the boot into a young lad - but he was a woeful player. Positional sense was beyond bad, and his overall game has very little to excite.

Once he leaves Liverpool, I doubt he'll get a club above National North level.
    Sorry mate that's just laughable. You don't get to u21 level with the likes of Liverpool and Manu if you're national north standard.

There's a decent footballer in there. He'll benefit from developing his flexibility to play in a couple of positions. I'm not sure the zonal marking thing came at the right time in his development. I wish the lad every success in the future and thank him for hos efforts here.

10. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by PV1973 View Post
    Sorry mate that's just laughable. You don't get to u21 level with the likes of Liverpool and Manu if you're national north standard.
    So every lad who's ever been senior contract at United or Liverpool have gone on to make it as a player in the football league? Now that's laughable.

12. Advert