onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Llewellyn View Post
    The issue with a director's loan is that it is what is says on the tin - 'a loan'. No different from a loan from anywhere else in so much that it has to be paid back as and when the loanee i.e. Smurf calls it in.

When he said that he was willing to sell the club he made it clear that these loans were part of the asking price so I don't think anyone is making it up. If he decides to write the loans off (just the same as anyone else can) then of course we are debt free
    Then if he's including it as part of the asking price there is no debt when it's bought!

Christ people hate him don't they

2. Advert Advert

Quote Originally Posted by geosname View Post
    If he is putting in money as a loan how can we be debt free?... until the principal and any interest due is repaid its a debt, no matter who it is from/to.
    If it isnt repayable its a gift [do they allow them under fair play rules?] not a loan... it would be interesting to see how it shows on the books.
    So perhaps he is putting money in.. as a loan and therefore expecting it returned... which means we are not debt free... why do people make things up?
    Rubbish!

You stick to accusing him of not signing Eagles, oh wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Earle's Perm View Post
    Then if he's including it as part of the asking price there is no debt when it's bought!

Don't make assumptions - I don't hate him just don't rate him as a chairman of a football club. Let me put it another way - if he walks away from the club and asks for the loans to be repaid then it is a debt that can only be repaid be selling off assets. Oh I forgot he owns the ground so we have few assets IF those loans were to be called in. Whichever way you want to spin it we owe him money!

5. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by valeparklife View Post
    He isn't putting his money in. He's putting his money in as directors loans.

With it being a loan he will want it back one day, and he can charge whatever interest he likes.

Big difference.

He's unnecessarily putting us into debt to himself.
    Who owes him this money? Who will have to pay it back to him? I'm hoping the terms of the loan are already agreed

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNYAITCH View Post
    Who owes him this money? Who will have to pay it back to him? I'm hoping the terms of the loan are already agreed
    The club!

Quote Originally Posted by Valenick View Post
    So it's his money he's putting in then
    He's not "putting it in", because he expects it to be returned.

It's not hard to understand is it?

9. Poster thanked by

Don't make assumptions - I don't hate him just don't rate him as a chairman of a football club. Let me put it another way - if he walks away from the club and asks for the loans to be repaid then it is a debt that can only be repaid be selling off assets. Oh I forgot he owns the ground so we have few assets IF those loans were to be called in. Whichever way you want to spin it we owe him money!
    I flagged up concerns around injection of capital or a director's loan on an earlier post last week or the week before. I was seeking some kind of re-assurance around the structure of the continuing debt being racked up by Port Vale. It is clear that we are not paying our way. We continue to have a bloated squad that is costing us money and we are struggling on the pitch despite the size and cost of our squad. We do not seem to be maximising opportunities for income generation off the pitch. We have twice gone into administration, would the football league or FA allow us to go into admin a third time but continue to play at our level? Somehow I think that is not so likely.

We really need to understand how the finances are working and if the Chairman is subsidising the club to the tune of approx £1 Million pa (as has been suggested elsewhere) on what basis is he making this funding available and for what period of time does he expect this to continue? I have previously asked for a strategic development plan to be issued. Such a plan would address these concerns and give a clear timescale for the on-going subsidy of the club.

It is not a case of hating the Chairman. I have written previously that I know he wants Port Vale to do well and that I think his heart is in the right place. Asking questions such as these are not indicative of lack of support they are valid questions around the future of our club. The current business model is unsustainable and the current, apparent, knee jerk decision making around the management of the team cannot inspire confidence as to a sustainable future for the club that is in my very DNA. The on-going method of communication and apparent lack of learning simply adds to my anxiety. I abhor some of the personal comments directed towards our Chairman, he does not deserve any of that vitriol. However, the points that are being raised are valid.

11. Poster thanked by

But people won't buy because these loans unnecessarily over-inflate the price!

Christ some people would let him get away with murder

Administrator Admin team
    In a shed just behind OVF towers waiting for my ration book

Christ you talk some crap at times
    He's always said the club will remain debt free
    If there are loans to the club how can it possibly be debt free.... Ill give you a hint... its in the word "loan"... until its paid back its a debt

14. Poster thanked by

Who/What owes him the money?

Devil in the detail

Quote Originally Posted by valeparklife View Post
    The club!
    My point is which specific business or businesses owe him the money..he split the "club" from the stadium so what else has been done? Which specific business or businesses is he lending money to when we see him as lending money to the "club". Maybe I'm being too cynical (again)

I've been asking for months (years) just what form does his ongoing "investment" in the club take..if it's loans with the expectation of getting the money back then that's one thing, if he doesn't expect to get the loans back that's a different thing, is the stadium in some way collateral for the loans..I don't know and I suppose I have no right to know..but it would be nice if we did know.

17. Advert Advert

FREE Prediction Leagues
We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and you’ll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated