onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Two new signings announced.

2. Advert

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    This is the managers role. If Brown is good enough its his, and only his, opinion that should matter. If he feels he needs to seek advice from outside parties then doesnt that show a lack of trust in Browns ability/judgement? Obviously also talking about what will happen if/when Brown fails also doesnt bleed confidence.
    By the sounds of it this was "opportunistic consulting" on both Smurf's and Patalainen's part and most likely the information the latter gave to Smurf would have been given to Michael Brown.

Asking someone else for an opinion isn't a sign of weakness, taking a back seat or too many chiefs it's being open minded, simply getting a different perspective/opinion that can be acted on or ignored depending on what Smurf or MB think, nothing more nothing less. It's just another managerial technique.

All companies from the smallest to the largest often get opinions from outsiders just for a different view or to tap into a different resource or a different expertise.

I agree that an appointment should have been made permanent by now.
    Last edited by Paul6754; 11-01-17 at 03:49 PM.

4. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Spunk Trumpet View Post
    Essex Vale sums it up perfectly.
    It's frightening that we have this man running our football club.
    Absolutely frightening.
    I'm glad that many have now realised that what I and a couple of others have been saying for a long time now in regard to our owner and I in particular took a good deal of flak for saying it off quite a few.
    I would love Vale to have a good Chairman and owner but sadly the present one isn't that man.

I must say I nearly spit my cuppa over my mrs when my lad told me of these latest signings. Now don't get me wrong I would love to see Eagles who was a decent player once turnout to be a success but a lad who has been released by Accy doesn't sound too likely to be part of a team to get us into the Championship!

The more I hear about our owner the more fearful for our future I become.
    Last edited by old sage; 11-01-17 at 04:34 PM.

6. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by old sage View Post
    I'm glad that many have now realised that what I and a couple of others have been saying for a long time now in regard to our owner and I in particular took a good deal of flak for saying it off quite a few.
    I would love Vale to have a good Chairman and owner but sadly the present one isn't that man.

I must say I nearly spit my cuppa over my mrs when my lad told me of these latest signings. Now don't get me wrong I would love to see Eagles who once a decent player once turnout to be a success but a lad who has been released by Accy doesn't sound too likely to be part of a team to get us into the Championship!

The more I hear about our owner the more fearful for our future I become.
    You don't know of the circumstances why he was released it could be that they are in a bit of a precarious position down at he foot of the 2 nd division and could prob bring in 2-3 players for Eagles wage at the club

8. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by carpetman123 View Post
    You don't know of the circumstances why he was released it could be that they are in a bit of a precarious position down at he foot of the 2 nd division and could prob bring in 2-3 players for Eagles wage at the club
    I doubt that somehow .....................

Quote Originally Posted by j_grainger10 View Post
    Exactly... I really donít know where some Vale fans get off thinking they can just ask the owner to sell up. If he was to pull the plug then I suspect we would be in far worse position. I suppose then again it gives certain people on here another reason to moan.
    For people to dissect a radio interview in such great detail and to pick apart every single word Norman said is just plain sad.
    Iím of the opinion that while he does some very silly things he also does a lot of good. That seems to get constantly over looked.
    Can you enlighten on us on the good things he does?

To my mind, he's built a club shop (I suspect Wildes already put this is place before he left), and improved the floodlights (after threats from the FA).

I'm genuinely interested in the good things...

Quote Originally Posted by jjvale_03 View Post
    Can you enlighten on us on the good things he does?

To my mind, he's built a club shop (I suspect Wildes already put this is place before he left), and improved the floodlights (after threats from the FA).

I'm genuinely interested in the good things...
    This is the same Wildes who when it came down to it had .... no money. He wastesaid a few hundred k a season keeping us afloat.

12. Poster thanked by

I agree he gives more honest opinions now fingers crossed for jak

Quote Originally Posted by geosname View Post
    With smurfs history it wont be eagles signing.
    See Geo linked the chairman you make errors too!

15. Advert