TwitterYouTubeFacebookRSS
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin



Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
 

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
Results 271 to 278 of 278
  1. #271
    Administrator Admin team
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In a shed just behind OVF towers waiting for my ration book
    Posts
    12,302
    Quote Originally Posted by stupers View Post
    Wasn't aimed at you Geo. I agree with you it is debt, but there's good debt and bad debt. People suggesting any debt is bad is misleading.
    I agree .. even though I dont like debt, I dont even have a credit card

  2. Advert

  3. #272
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nottingham via Northwood
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by stupers View Post
    Wasn't aimed at you Geo. I agree with you it is debt, but there's good debt and bad debt. People suggesting any debt is bad is misleading.
    I sort of started this thing off for which I'm very sorry as I was only pulling REP up on his definition of debt. Like you I think that if Smurf wipes off the loans however he does it then it's fine. Wish I'd kept my bloody fingers off the keyboard there are far more important things in life!

    That said it is exactly this murky area of finance that is stopping the take over at Forest going through.

    And just for the record I disagree with REP

  4. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Llewellyn View Post
    I sort of started this thing off for which I'm very sorry as I was only pulling REP up on his definition of debt. Like you I think that if Smurf wipes off the loans however he does it then it's fine. Wish I'd kept my bloody fingers off the keyboard there are far more important things in life!

    That said it is exactly this murky area of finance that is stopping the take over at Forest going through.

    And just for the record I disagree with REP
    Thanks for the name check, crikey I am popular today, must be trending!

    Just for the record I'm pulling you up/off on the fact I completely disagree with you

    Still good to hear you think we are going to be fine, now if you could just tell the hate mob we can all relax.
    Last edited by Robbie Earle's Perm; 13-01-17 at 05:52 PM.

  5. #274
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    East Devon
    Posts
    14,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Earle's Perm View Post
    Just for the record I'm pulling you off .
    I think he'd have notice if you were

  6. #275
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nottingham via Northwood
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Earle's Perm View Post
    Thanks for the name check, crikey I am popular today, must be trending!

    Just for the record I'm pulling you up/off on the fact I completely disagree with you

    Still good to hear you think we are going to be fine, now if you could just tell the hate mob we can all relax.
    Didn't say that I think we will be fine under Smurf I simply pray we will be.



    Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

  7. #276
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by valeparklife View Post
    You obviously don't understand......have a look at our squad size (it's 34 players). It's massively overinflated. Norman is having to subsidise those extra players, which is unnecessary...

    It's ludicrous when you delete half of the sentence yes. Putting money in = giving Port Vale money without expecting it back. It is a directors LOAN. I "put money in" to the club every year with season tickets and shirt purchases, I'm not loaning the club money am I?



    Is this really a serious question?! Go and speak to your local bank and ask them that. Norman has previously said he "has never lost money on a business deal yet and doesn't intend to start now". You must surely see that this means he's expecting to have it returned? I doubt he'll charge any interest on the loan but he'll want it back at some point.

    I'm not having a go at Norman but people need to realise the facts and stop saying he's "putting money into the club" because he isn't.
    Please don't patronize - if you state your case badly, you must expect some misinterpretation!

    Your first point: if the size of the squad means we can't pay the bills every month, and Norman doesn't pick that up, would we go into administration, or not? Also, as I recall, when we were signing so many players, I thought it had been suggested that many of these were on less money than comparable home-based players - 2 for 1, effectively!

    Point 2: whether it's the full sentence, or not...let me reiterate: "Norman isn't putting money in, he's putting money in in the form of a loan"...so there IS money being put in, and it's in the form of loans, from Norman? Many people would say you're not putting money into the Vale, you're purchasing goods/services from the Vale - I don't consider that I'm putting money into the shops I buy stuff from...although, factually, I am...I call it "shopping"...which Norman can't really do, as he owns the club! "Putting money in" usually means investing in - which you aren't...you're buying from!

    That question was partially tongue-in-cheek...except, it was a valid point that the loans Eddie Davies made to BWFC never became debts that damaged the club, because he wrote them off...all 170 million of them. But, I bow to your superior knowledge of the Smurf in knowing that he will definitely want them back! Also, it is different from my Bank because they wouldn't just write off their loans...unless I went into administration!

  8. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNYAITCH View Post
    I think he'd have notice if you were
    Who knows! I'm very subtle 🙈

  9. #278
    Administrator Admin team
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In a shed just behind OVF towers waiting for my ration book
    Posts
    12,302
    Quote Originally Posted by LancyTony View Post
    Please don't patronize - if you state your case badly, you must expect some misinterpretation!

    Your first point: if the size of the squad means we can't pay the bills every month, and Norman doesn't pick that up, would we go into administration, or not? Also, as I recall, when we were signing so many players, I thought it had been suggested that many of these were on less money than comparable home-based players - 2 for 1, effectively!

    Point 2: whether it's the full sentence, or not...let me reiterate: "Norman isn't putting money in, he's putting money in in the form of a loan"...so there IS money being put in, and it's in the form of loans, from Norman? Many people would say you're not putting money into the Vale, you're purchasing goods/services from the Vale - I don't consider that I'm putting money into the shops I buy stuff from...although, factually, I am...I call it "shopping"...which Norman can't really do, as he owns the club! "Putting money in" usually means investing in - which you aren't...you're buying from!

    That question was partially tongue-in-cheek...except, it was a valid point that the loans Eddie Davies made to BWFC never became debts that damaged the club, because he wrote them off...all 170 million of them. But, I bow to your superior knowledge of the Smurf in knowing that he will definitely want them back! Also, it is different from my Bank because they wouldn't just write off their loans...unless I went into administration!
    Banks and other lenders have and can write off debts without administration or bankruptcy

  10. Advert

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
This website backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. Our chosen charities are the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice and we donate to both. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | More information
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated | Website operated by OVF Ltd company number: 07377794