Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Hugill

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Eagle View Post
    Agreed
    Yes Norman up to his usual tricks leaving it to the last minute to offer a contract then moans when they move for a better offer.(sound familiar) replace Alex Jones for Hugill.

2. Advert

Quote Originally Posted by MickyVale View Post
    He wasn't released, we offered him a contract and he felt it was better to go elsewhere. If I remember rightly we received a minimal amount from tribunal, or just before. Unfortunately, another good striker we should have offered a better contract to well before his deal was up!
    That's how I remember the situation, vale offered him a new contract but he was poached by PNE and Vale received some compensation. I don't know if there is any type of sell on clause as he was a relative youngster at PVFC when poached by PNE.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Zebra View Post
    Do you think that is likely? I thought we released him along with the rest of that development squad. They might have made a good team by now if we had kept them and added and subtracted a few players as experience showed if they were good enough or not.
    We got a fee for him as we wanted to keep him, the only one in effect worth keeping.

Would be superb if we do have a sell on clause as PNE have just turned down a 1.5 million pound bid...
    http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/...gill-1-8329700

I'm pleased we got anything for him...a sell-on fee would be lovely, and unexpected for someone my Preston-supporting colleague describes as "Only in the team because we have nothing better! Just when you think it's time to get rid, he turns in a decent performance!" Sounds a bit like Doddery, really!

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfTheTrent View Post
    Remi Streete could go the same way unless Norm sorts out a new contract with him.
    Plus JA, who has been the best keeper in the division and done a lot to keep us clear of the bottom four (so far).

Jordan Hugill isn't worth even a third of that supposed offer. Ridiculous report, I'm told that paper is full of nonsense football;l stories that never come true.
    Last edited by Bea Smith; 12-01-17 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunk Trumpet View Post
    Hugill left to further his career and for the money.
    Wise decision it seems.
    Absolutely and on the evidence his decision was bang on because he's cutting it at a higher level. Fair play to him

Smurf has confirmed on Twitter that we have a sell on clause for Hugill. Could be a nice little windfall.

Quote Originally Posted by valeparklife View Post
    Smurf has confirmed on Twitter that we have a sell on clause for Hugill. Could be a nice little windfall.
    Great if true but wasn't his move decided by a tribunal? I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Bea Smith View Post
    Plus JA, who has been the best keeper in the division and done a lot to keep us clear of the bottom four (so far).

Jordan Hugill isn't worth even a third of that supposed offer. Ridiculous report, I'm told that paper is full of nonsense football;l stories that never come true.
    Alnwick is already contracted until 2018 so we can deal with that in the summer.

Streete is far more pressing.

The Lancashire Evening Post is just the local rag, about as reliable as the sentinel.

11. Advert