Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Well said that man.
    I don't think it is though. He's there to create and never does, had moments where he looks decent but for most of the match is pretty dire. He looks exactly the same player as when I first saw him. Some potential but extremely weak and uninterested. I'd prefer see Pereira given a chance in his role until foley is fit as I really don't see what Kelly brings to the team.

2. Advert

Quote Originally Posted by TommyMac View Post
    Last night the result was certainly more important than the performance and it's a huge relief to halt the recent slump.

What I can't get my head around is some of the adjectives I'm reading on here and social media to describe some of the individual performances. Purkiss - solid? DeFreitas - superb, excellent, outstanding? Grant - commanding?

First half Taylor spent 45 minutes covering for Purkiss which meant he produced nothing in the opposition half. Did De Freitas create anything or do anything at all out of the ordinary during the game? Was I imagining the number of times Grant gave the ball away and watched Chesterfield stroll by him?

Smith and Streete played well, Alnwick had very little to do (as did their keeper), most of the others put in plenty of effort with very little quality.
    I'm as pleased as anyone that we won but it was a narrow, just about deserved, win against an absolutely shocking Chesterfield.
    Grant was definitely off the pace and was way below his normal standard especially first half.

I don't think he'll be here for long - he raced off the pitch at the final whistle and straight up the tunnel .... David Kelly attempted to stop him but he was having none of it

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Earle's Perm View Post
    Just factual observations of the game, did you go?

What did he create against Chesterfield?

He's not progressed in 18 months.
    I've seen Sam kelly enough times to understand why people get frustrated with his play.

He's a creative player and it's much harder to create than to "destroy", players like Same Kelly can't "turn it on" all the time just like the majority of creative players. However, as I said before in Vale's current plight he's one of the very few players available to Michael Brown who can produce a pass and who has a goal in him so I would anticipate he will start against Oldham.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul6754 View Post
    Many sweeping statements there. I rate Same Kelly, he's not perfect and is still young but he is one of the very few players Vale have at the moment with any creativity within him.
    Just think Kiko or Sam Hart is better than Kelly.
    It's like playing with 10 men when Kelly plays.
    He constantly gives the ball away and is useless at defending when we havnt got the ball.
    Just stands about most the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Erniemossrules View Post
    He constantly gives the ball away and is useless at defending when we havnt got the ball.
    I think Kelly is fortunate that Hart is one of his competitors for a place in the team...

Quote Originally Posted by Erniemossrules View Post
    Kiko looks very skilful and confident.
    Is he a wing back?

Quote Originally Posted by cheshirevaliant View Post
    I think Kelly is fortunate that Hart is one of his competitors for a place in the team...
    Agreed, very poor player Liverpool will be binning in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by For Us All View Post
    A Chesterfield team that beat Bolton a fortnight ago?
    That's the one, the team that lost 5-0 at home to Wycombe. As you appear to have so little football knowledge, Wycombe are league 2,that's the league below vale.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyMac View Post
    That's the one, the team that lost 5-0 at home to Wycombe. As you appear to have so little football knowledge, Wycombe are league 2,that's the league below vale.
    Didn't you know it was the FA Cup,anything can happen?
    Especially when you've only got ten men.
    Keep the faith.UTV.
    Happy New Year.

11. Poster thanked by

12. Advert