onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Boxing: Fights coming up

Anyone a boxing fan ? another easy fight for Joshua tonight and just announced to fight Klitschko at Wembley stadium next April.

2. Advert

Cannot wait for 29 April, although I think Joshua will win that fairly easily as Klitschko won't have fought for 18 months by the time that comes around, and he looked to have little left in his last fight, when he lost to Fury.

Hopefully, after that, the other current belt holders, Parker and Wilder, will face Joshua so that he has the chance to unify the division. He certainly seems the stand-out heavyweight by a distance.
    Last edited by The Kalamazoo Kid; 11-12-16 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kalamazoo Kid View Post
    Cannot wait for 29 April, although I think Joshua will win that fairly easily as Klitschko won't have fought for 18 months by the time that comes around, and he looked to have little left in his last fight, when he lost to Fury.

Hopefully, after that, the other current belt holders, Parker and Wilder, will face Joshua so that he has the chance to unify the division. He certainly seems the stand-out heavyweight by a distance.
    I can see this being Klitschko last fight to be honest , Joshua needs a big fight and this should hopefully verify him as the best in the heavyweight division .

speaking of Wilder that was a great fight between him and Chisora shame it almost got ruined by those stupid press conference antics.

Quote Originally Posted by boslemportvale91 View Post
    speaking of Wilder that was a great fight between him and Chisora shame it almost got ruined by those stupid press conference antics.
    The Dillian Whyte - Dereck Chisora fight was fantastic, and as it was an eliminator for the WBC title, Whyte should now get a shot at Deontay Wilder, the holder of that belt.

Hopefully the winner of any Whyte v Wilder fight (would probably be Wilder, as he's rated along with Joshua as the best heavyweight around) will then face Joshua in a unification bout.

My mistake i meant whyte not wilder , definitely agree with you on the fight a real showcase for british boxing.

That's one fight i really want to see between Joshua - Wilder . starting to feel like heavyweight boxing is finally getting back to the exciting division it used to be with the big fight feel to them

Anthony Joshua is the real deal, I was sceptical at first and am probably still a tad tad sceptical 'cause I've not seen him hit by a hard punching heavy weight. However the question is who is around to test him. As I see it he'll beat Klitschko but there are two highly rated Americans who offer a much sterner test, Deontay Wilder and Luis Ortiz (Cuban American) who have very different styles and both are undefeated, hungry and both from poor backgrounds.

Deontay Wilder is very athletic and has power in both hands, he's recovering fron a torn tendon and broken bones in his right arm/hand and is due back in the ring in February, Ortiz is a brute of a man who has power, both will be a test for Joshua.

Joshua was too much for Molina tonight, Molina was over matched physically and skill wise, looked as though Al Haymon had promoted the bout.

Tremendous night of boxing in the US tonight, three Championsship fights involving Jamal Charlo, Abner Mares and Terence Crawford, I'm off to watch now.

Chisora/Whyte was the highlight of the evening, a FOTY contender., but

Joshua did what he needed to do, nothing more, nothing less. He should be too fresh for Klitshcko, but it's a big leap from Molina to Wladimir and it will probably come down to who lands the first bomb.

Not about Anthony Joshua but Jamall Charlo spectacularly KO'd another undefeated light middle weight last night named Julian Williams in the 5th round, Charlo has a twin brother, Jemell who also holds one on the light middle weight belts.

After the Williams fight Jamall was talking about moving up to middleweight but if he does he's got nowhere to go apart from GGG so I think he may well remain at light middleweight which is the weight Kell Brook said he was planning to fight at. Some tasty future fights if it all happens.

Still some great Boxing on tv tonght involving a UK boxer as Carl Frampton has a re-match to defend his WBA featherweight title against Leo Santa Cruz in Vegas. Should be a close competitive fight.

Gutted for Lee Selby, to be let doown 24 hrs before his bout with Victor Barros after having met weight and done most of the hard work 'cause Barros didn't meet "Fight requirements" was shocking.

Admin, could you change the title of this tread to "Boxing" as there are many superb bouts coming up in the near future.

11. Poster thanked by

12. Advert