Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Charlton Athletic

Pre-match, match, and post match comments welcome.

The visit of the other Valiants from the Valley may include the flying pigs seen in their 3-0 win over Coventry. Hopefully we will be able to deal better with their bustling striker Magennis than did Cov.

Time for a new formation? Injured players coming back?

2. Advert

I think he will make changes for this one but still stick with one up front,personally i think we should go at teams who are lower than us at home and maybe go 4-4-2 for this one

........................Alnwick.... .............

..Purkiss.........Streete.........S mith......Knops....

...Shalaj........Grant.........Fole y........Thomas/Hart..

..............Jones.........Patto/Turner......

I have said Shalaj as he came rated highly by Bruno so lets see him(unless injured,still not convinced with Patto so lets see if Turner can be a surprise package in this League.

Now in reality i think Bruno will stick with the same system and bring Tavares or Pereira in for Amoros,he could spring a surprise at the back as well

4. Poster thanked by

The problem is with our long injury list we don't have too many viable alternatives in the attacking third.

I too think we might as well have a go with two up front and although he doesn't look completely ready yet I think I'd stick big Cecilia up there alongside Jones and revisit who plays on the wings.

Persist with Hart perhaps but consider Shalaj or Kelly, even though I'm not sure they are up to it for 90 minutes.

The worry is that Foley is probably injured now so we need to replace him too.

It's also time for Purkiss to stand up and be counted. He's been poor this season.

........................Alnwick.... .............

..??????.........Streete.........Sm ith......Hart....

...Kelly........Grant.........Foley ........Thomas.....

..............Jones.........Turner. ...........

Right back is a problem. As The Sage says, Purkiss has been really poor this season and MacIntosch doesn't fill me with confidence at full back. Not sure Jones and Turner have enough steel to play together up front but no-one else is doing enough to warrant selection.

Who can replace Purkiss, certainly not MacIntosh. Need to play two upfront. I'd go Cecilia and Jones with Shelaj out wide. I suspect sadly that Foley will be injured. I'd go with Grant, Amoros and Periera in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Class personified View Post
    Who can replace Purkiss, certainly not MacIntosh. Need to play two upfront. I'd go Cecilia and Jones with Shelaj out wide. I suspect sadly that Foley will be injured. I'd go with Grant, Amoros and Periera in midfield.
    We should recall young James Gibbons from Leek. He would be decent cover at right back.

9. Poster thanked by

That gibbons looked good in pre season in the few games he played.

I will go for a 2 1 vale win jones and foley for us ajose for them 4002 crowd 215 away fans.

Alot of the younger fans have never seen us play Charlton. 16 years since we last played them in the league.

13. Advert