Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin


donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 17
  1. #1
    Administrator Admin team
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Aylesbury
    Posts
    9,762

    Starting XI versus Rochdale?

    So, some interesting options for the home game against Rochdale?

    Here are some questions to ponder?
    - Clearly Cicilia looks doubtful but other than that would it be same again for you?
    - Is Forrester a shoe-in to start if Cicilia doesn't make it?
    - If Tavares is unfit does Defreitas come in?
    - Or if veteran Jerome Thomas can't do two games in four days does Defreitas replace him?
    - Would you bring back Ben Purkiss at right-back?
    - Is it worth moving JJ Hooper in from the wing to partner Forrester?

    What would your ideal starting XI for the game be?

  2. Advert

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    1,564
    Easy picks for me this

    ...............................Alnw ick................................ ...

    Purkiss..............Smith......... Streete...............Knops

    ......................Grant........ ...Tavares.........................

    ...............................Fole y.................................

    Hooper.....................Forreste r....................Thomas


    I know it doesn't really leave Hoops in the right position but he did well there Saturay so let's keep some consistency in the side. Thomas also can only get better with game time too.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Tunstall
    Posts
    759
    I'd be tempted to say same formation that started against Southend. With Purkiss in for Macintosh and Forester in for Cecillia.

    Did Tavares go off with a knock? If so I'd put Defreitas in for him.

  5. #4
    Administrator Admin team
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Aylesbury
    Posts
    9,762
    Quote Originally Posted by PV1973 View Post
    I'd be tempted to say same formation that started against Southend. With Purkiss in for Macintosh and Forester in for Cecillia.
    I felt a bit sorry for Mac-Intosch. He clearly isn't a right-back but he tried pretty hard in that position and deserves praise for soldiering away. I'm not sure what is going on with Purkiss but I would think he's a better bet at RB with Mac-Intosch competing for the CB positions.

  6. Poster thanked by


  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenement Funster View Post
    Easy picks for me this

    ...............................Alnw ick................................ ...

    Purkiss..............Smith......... Streete...............Knops

    ......................Grant........ ...Tavares.........................

    ...............................Fole y.................................

    Hooper.....................Forreste r....................Thomas


    I know it doesn't really leave Hoops in the right position but he did well there Saturay so let's keep some consistency in the side. Thomas also can only get better with game time too.
    Looks good to me., although I do think Hooper is slightly wasted there. I'd like to see a proper wide player there, I really think we'd be a match for most in the league then.

  8. #6
    Administrator Admin team
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Endon
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Beechy View Post
    Looks good to me., although I do think Hooper is slightly wasted there. I'd like to see a proper wide player there, I really think we'd be a match for most in the league then.
    Agreed, line up is fine, but as we don't have another proper wide player currently, possibly this?


    -----------------------Alnwick-----------------------

    -----Purkiss-----Smith-----Streete-----Knops-----

    -----------------------Grant-------------------------

    ---------Foley--------Tavares-------Thomas--------

    ----------------Hooper-----Forrester----------------

  9. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    t'other side meir
    Posts
    7,056
    Bruno must pick his strongest side, 'dale are better than sarfend and so should be an interesting match so i'll be there if the boat comes in,

  10. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Tunstall
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by robf View Post
    I felt a bit sorry for Mac-Intosch. He clearly isn't a right-back but he tried pretty hard in that position and deserves praise for soldiering away. I'm not sure what is going on with Purkiss but I would think he's a better bet at RB with Mac-Intosch competing for the CB positions.
    You could tell that he wasn't comfortable on the ball. He got caught out positionally a couple of times with diagonals, but he did the job that was asked of him and we won the game and kept a clean sheet. Can't argue with that. I'm surprised that Southend didn't identify him as a weak link positionally and but more balls in over him and in to the channels to turn him round.

    It will be interesting to see if Purkiss comes straight back in or if Bruno keeps the faith and rewards that back 4 from Saturday.

    One other thing I'd add is that games are coming thick and fast, and with only 6 fit defenders I wonder if Bruno will be tempted to rest any of them like he did at Carlisle.

  11. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    Agreed, line up is fine, but as we don't have another proper wide player currently, possibly this?


    -----------------------Alnwick-----------------------

    -----Purkiss-----Smith-----Streete-----Knops-----

    -----------------------Grant-------------------------

    ---------Foley--------Tavares-------Thomas--------

    ----------------Hooper-----Forrester----------------
    Yep. Looks about the best team we can out out right now to me. I look forward to seeing what a fit Kiko has to offer, as as well as Knops as done ultimately he's a center-back. Might have a job to get in the side though at the moment in his favored position!

  12. Advert

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
This website backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. Our chosen charities are the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice and we donate to both. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | More information
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated | Website operated by OVF Ltd company number: 07377794