Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Starting XI versus Rochdale?

So, some interesting options for the home game against Rochdale?

Here are some questions to ponder?
    - Clearly Cicilia looks doubtful but other than that would it be same again for you?
    - Is Forrester a shoe-in to start if Cicilia doesn't make it?
    - If Tavares is unfit does Defreitas come in?
    - Or if veteran Jerome Thomas can't do two games in four days does Defreitas replace him?
    - Would you bring back Ben Purkiss at right-back?
    - Is it worth moving JJ Hooper in from the wing to partner Forrester?

What would your ideal starting XI for the game be?

2. Advert

Easy picks for me this

...............................Alnw ick................................ ...

Purkiss..............Smith......... Streete...............Knops

......................Grant........ ...Tavares.........................

...............................Fole y.................................

Hooper.....................Forreste r....................Thomas

I know it doesn't really leave Hoops in the right position but he did well there Saturay so let's keep some consistency in the side. Thomas also can only get better with game time too.

I'd be tempted to say same formation that started against Southend. With Purkiss in for Macintosh and Forester in for Cecillia.

Did Tavares go off with a knock? If so I'd put Defreitas in for him.

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by PV1973 View Post
    I'd be tempted to say same formation that started against Southend. With Purkiss in for Macintosh and Forester in for Cecillia.
    I felt a bit sorry for Mac-Intosch. He clearly isn't a right-back but he tried pretty hard in that position and deserves praise for soldiering away. I'm not sure what is going on with Purkiss but I would think he's a better bet at RB with Mac-Intosch competing for the CB positions.

6. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Tenement Funster View Post
    Easy picks for me this

...............................Alnw ick................................ ...

Purkiss..............Smith......... Streete...............Knops

......................Grant........ ...Tavares.........................

...............................Fole y.................................

Hooper.....................Forreste r....................Thomas

I know it doesn't really leave Hoops in the right position but he did well there Saturay so let's keep some consistency in the side. Thomas also can only get better with game time too.
    Looks good to me., although I do think Hooper is slightly wasted there. I'd like to see a proper wide player there, I really think we'd be a match for most in the league then.

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by Beechy View Post
    Looks good to me., although I do think Hooper is slightly wasted there. I'd like to see a proper wide player there, I really think we'd be a match for most in the league then.
    Agreed, line up is fine, but as we don't have another proper wide player currently, possibly this?

-----------------------Alnwick-----------------------

-----Purkiss-----Smith-----Streete-----Knops-----

-----------------------Grant-------------------------

---------Foley--------Tavares-------Thomas--------

----------------Hooper-----Forrester----------------

Bruno must pick his strongest side, 'dale are better than sarfend and so should be an interesting match so i'll be there if the boat comes in,

Quote Originally Posted by robf View Post
    I felt a bit sorry for Mac-Intosch. He clearly isn't a right-back but he tried pretty hard in that position and deserves praise for soldiering away. I'm not sure what is going on with Purkiss but I would think he's a better bet at RB with Mac-Intosch competing for the CB positions.
    You could tell that he wasn't comfortable on the ball. He got caught out positionally a couple of times with diagonals, but he did the job that was asked of him and we won the game and kept a clean sheet. Can't argue with that. I'm surprised that Southend didn't identify him as a weak link positionally and but more balls in over him and in to the channels to turn him round.

It will be interesting to see if Purkiss comes straight back in or if Bruno keeps the faith and rewards that back 4 from Saturday.

One other thing I'd add is that games are coming thick and fast, and with only 6 fit defenders I wonder if Bruno will be tempted to rest any of them like he did at Carlisle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    Agreed, line up is fine, but as we don't have another proper wide player currently, possibly this?

-----------------------Alnwick-----------------------

-----Purkiss-----Smith-----Streete-----Knops-----

-----------------------Grant-------------------------

---------Foley--------Tavares-------Thomas--------

----------------Hooper-----Forrester----------------
    Yep. Looks about the best team we can out out right now to me. I look forward to seeing what a fit Kiko has to offer, as as well as Knops as done ultimately he's a center-back. Might have a job to get in the side though at the moment in his favored position!

12. Advert