Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

What's your starting XI for the new season?

Based on the friendly games, players' injuries etc what is a) your formation and b) your starting eleven for the game against Bradford City?

Injuries note: as far as I can tell Michael Brown and Adan Yates are definitely out.

Post your formations and starting XIs below...

2. Advert

Tough one really. Only Alnwick, Purkiss, Grant (if he stays) and Foley are certainties. But you can probably add Knops, De Frietas and JJ Hooper to that too.

Bruno seems to prefer 451/433 so based on that, I'd go with the following;-

Alnwick

Purkiss
    Smith
    Mac-Intosh
    Knops

Loza
    Grant
    De Frietas
    Foley
    Thomas

Cicilia

Subs;- New Keeper, Streete, Tavares, Pereira, Hooper, Forrester, Kiko(If Fit-If not Mbamba)

From what I've seen I'd go with,

Alnwick

Purkiss
    Macintosh
    Smith
    Knops (as Kiko not fit)

Thomas (if fit)
    Tavares
    Grant
    De Freitas
    Foley

Hooper/cicila

Alnwick

Purkiss
    Macintosh
    Smith
    Knops

Thomas
    Tavares
    Grant
    De Freitas
    Foley

Cicila

7. Poster thanked by

Alnwick

Purkiss
    Streete
    Smith
    Knops

De Freitas
    Grant
    Tavares
    Foley
    Pereira

Hooper

At home I'd hope we'd go 442 with either Forrester or Cicilia partnering Hooper, probably at the expense of Pereira, thought I would try and keep Foley in the middle at all costs, as he is our most creative midfielder by far. I don't know if De Freitas or Pereira can play out wide but I've been more impressed with them than any other winger.

I still worry about centre half. I like Smith, but none of Streete, Macintosh or Knops convince me. I don't think Knops is comfortable at left back, so Kiko returning to fitness is important.

Quote Originally Posted by PV1973 View Post
    Alnwick

Purkiss
    Macintosh
    Smith
    Knops

Thomas
    Tavares
    Grant
    De Freitas
    Foley

Cicila
    I'd prefer 3-5-2 but that looks a decent side.

Quote Originally Posted by PV1973 View Post
    Alnwick

Purkiss
    Macintosh
    Smith
    Knops

Thomas
    Tavares
    Grant
    De Freitas
    Foley

Cicila
    For me thats a good attacking team with grant protecting the back four, tavares and de freitas creating with foley supporting cicilia.

Based on who was rested from the Wednesday game, you'd have to say that Alnwick, Purkiss, Smith, Knops, Grant, Foley and Cecilia are all part of Bruno's first XI for Saturday. Probably Pereira as well.

So by my reckoning there was still one place in central defence and two inside forward places still not resolved when Bruno picked his side yesterday.

12. Advert