Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

donate nowOVF needs you! Our server costs are increasing and advert revenue decreasing. If you like this website and can help spare a donation please click here now

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Matchday thread: Port Vale v Birmingham City

This is the thread to discuss all aspects of Port Vale's friendly with Birmingham City.

For details of admission prices, which stands are open etc please check our two minute guide here - http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2016/07/...mingham-city/?

2. Advert

I'm going for 2-1 vale... Hooper & tavares & fabbrini to reply :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Odd-dodd View Post
    I'm going for 2-1 vale... Hooper & tavares & fabbrini to reply :-)
    pvfc 2-0 brum
    periera and grant.

The run-out, and to some extent the performance is far more important than the result. I would prefer not to lose by a large score, however.

As there are still a huge number of newish players who have to get used to each other, I wonder if it might be expecting too much for us to win.

There is also the need to give a large-ish number of players a spell on the pitch, so changes may upset any rhythm and momentum we build up.

Birmingham may also be playing some new signings though and may change things around, so who knows.

A good performance and signs of a team gelling will be fine for me - I predict a close game but time for a goal or two for us, perhaps Vale drawing 2-2 or losing narrowly.

Just to repeat though - the result is not the most important thing.
    Last edited by Bea Smith; 27-07-16 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bea Smith View Post
    The run-out, and to some extent the performance is far more important than the result. I would prefer not to lose by a large score, however.

As there are still a huge number of newish players who have to get used to each other, I wonder if it might be expecting too much for us to win.

There is also the need to give a large-ish number of players a spell on the pitch, so changes may upset any rhythm and momentum we build up.

Birmingham may also be playing some new signings though and may change things around, so who knows.

A good performance and signs of a team gelling will be fine for me - I predict a close game but time for a goal or two for us, perhaps Vale drawing 2-2 or losing narrowly.

Just to repeat though - the result is not the most important thing.
    Spot on, a very sensible and realistic post, I would like to see us score, but the performance is paramount!!

7. Poster thanked by

We not played Birmingham City for 16 years. God that makes me feel old.

Thomas subbed already? How bad does it look?

10. Poster thanked by

Thomas off injured?? How did it look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look really really good! Passing it about and using the width of the pitch very well! Very hopeful for the season ahead!

13. Advert