Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Quote Originally Posted by Beechy View Post
    I remember one Colin Miles being very good in the air despite being no more than 6 foot, because he was aggressive and had a good spring. He was ***** at everything else though mind!
    two of burton albions defenders who played pretty much played regularly last season stand at 6'11 and 5'11, i mean, burton albion only got promoted to the championship after all.
    james meridith bradford at 6'1
    rory mcardle bradford 6'1
    nathaniel knight-percival bradford 6'0
    and bradford had the best defensive record in our league last season, still, i suppose we need floodlight's as our cb's!

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert

I wasn't at last nights game, but sounds like we played well against a big championship side except for our final third. Overall this is all that concerns me for the new season coming up. As for these idiots saying we're doomed... Get a grip there's no disgrace on losing 2-0 to a decent side!

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Zebra View Post
    I went to a pre season tour in the Isle of Man but can't remember what year it was. Wrexham and Rushden and Diamonds were there too. Had a great week.
    I think it was 2006 the 4 teams involved where VALE I O MAN OLDHAM & CARLISLE,OLDHAM beat CARLISLE in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd-dodd View Post
    I wasn't at last nights game, but sounds like we played well against a big championship side except for our final third. Overall this is all that concerns me for the new season coming up. As for these idiots saying we're doomed... Get a grip there's no disgrace on losing 2-0 to a decent side!
    To be fair not many, if any, were too despondent with the loss last night. Seems we played much, much better in losing than we did when we won the previous game 1-2. Once concern for me is that there still doesn't look many goals in our side, especially the midfield, which has been a problem for us for a while despite Dodds' efforts. I think we're going to have to keep a lot of clean-sheets next season to win games.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechy View Post
    There's plenty of massive center-backs around that are crap in the air and get beaten time and again by much smaller men, you tool.

If you think we need a defender that's dominant and aggressive in the air, fine, but he doesn't have to be 6 foot 4.
    What a load of tripe, you cretin.

Have you ever been to a Vale game?

90% of corners we have = headed away by opposition
    Every corner the opposition has = free header.

We need a pair of dominant, tall defenders.

Spot on Beechy I totally agree! Jus hoping the likes of pereira & de frietas settle in nicely & can chip in with a few goals as can't see cicilia getting many if any! N don't think Bruno is going to be brave enough & play two up top???

9. Advert