Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: A Q&A meeting with Smurf.....Has been arranged.

Donate If you enjoy reading the
    OVF forum please click this
    image to make a donation
    and support our running costs

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by grebovale View Post
    Shame I won't be there(night shift worker)it could be a rate MONTY PYTHON night,OVF one side of the room and POMPOUS VALE ONLINE on the other,maybe we could have VLF from the Crown in the middle to stop the handbags flying ... Think POMPOUS VALE ONLINE will be the strongest as they have an X SC rep on their side and its been chaired by the SC ..... FIX FIX FIX
    PVO also seem to have a bigger clique and quite a few who do outdoor activities?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Seems to me the people with most to say on subjects dont want to be there Jim but prefer to stir the **** on here

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I am not bothered either way....I am only passing on a details of the meeting.....Rumours and speculation about anything Club wise will be answered by the Smurf..........As i said it will be a Q&A after the SC monthly meeting.

Wise Owl....sorry about your problems mate and i hope they improve......I personally don't know them, sorry if my last remark sounded a bit offish....
    Last edited by Jimmy; 27-08-13 at 17:32.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I think a few people need to realise that this is now Norman's club. Not the fans. A few are expecting him to explain every single decision. I agree with a previous post in the thread. Maybe Smurf has got a little too close to the fans and now some of us are expecting him to come out and explain everything that he is doing with the club. We need to let him get on with it.... Ok he may make a few mistakes or miss a couple of deadlines that he has promised but as long as we are moving in the right direction both on and off the pitch (which we are) then we all need to take a step back and let him get on with it. All this arguing between fans, rumour spreading etc is doing Port Vale no good at all and if it carries....... I can see Norman walking away fed up with it all if i am honest!!!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A Q&A meeting with Smurf.....Has been arranged.

Who do you mean Carpetman? The people with most to say would I suggest not include those who've said they aren't interested in politics surely ?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by carpetman123 View Post
    Seems to me the people with most to say on subjects dont want to be there Jim but prefer to stir the **** on here
    I generally make comments on the football, I doubt smurf will have anything to say on that, as thats Mickys department. With regards to other issues, the only one I have commented on is the racist chants, and the club have already made a statement in this respect and I don't see how a Q&A would be necessary with such an issue like that as making racist comments is illegal in any event. If you can direct me to any other issues that will be discussed in the Q&A and that I have commented on, I'd be most grateful. I'd also ask if you could provide an example of where I have **** stirred.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lornesteet84 View Post
    I think a few people need to realise that this is now Norman's club. Not the fans. A few are expecting him to explain every single decision. I agree with a previous post in the thread. Maybe Smurf has got a little too close to the fans and now some of us are expecting him to come out and explain everything that he is doing with the club. We need to let him get on with it.... Ok he may make a few mistakes or miss a couple of deadlines that he has promised but as long as we are moving in the right direction both on and off the pitch (which we are) then we all need to take a step back and let him get on with it. All this arguing between fans, rumour spreading etc is doing Port Vale no good at all and if it carries....... I can see Norman walking away fed up with it all if i am honest!!!!
    Good Post......I hope he clears the air on Thursday and we can back to supporting our debt free Club .......

They sent me all over the world for Queen & Country and I end up in Bermondsey!!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeky View Post
    I'm not so sure a Q&A session is the best idea. I said on the other thread, Smurf has made himself possibly a little too familiar with fans and too approachable, because of the circumstances we found ourselves in at the back end of last season (Burgegate, Wildes wanting to sack Adams etc). Fair play, it worked as it diverted attention. But now, I think it's time for him to take a step back. The more he gives of himself to the fans, the more the fans will expect and want him to be at their every call, which I doubt he can physically do. Running a football club is not a small operation.

Fans to need to also remember that we have NO involvement in the running of the club. It's Normans to do with as he wants, we're no longer a fan run club (which I am happy about). It was always going to be a steep learning curve for Smurf, I think the current situation exemplifies that, but he has and is still doing a magnificent job, that's not to say he hasn't, and won't make mistakes along the way.
    Probably one of the most sensible post on the web in the last few days covering this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    I am not bothered either way....I am only passing on a details of the meeting.....Rumours and speculation about anything Club wise will be answered by the Smurf..........As i said it will be a Q&A after the SC monthly meeting.

Wise Owl....sorry about your problems mate and i hope they improve......I personally don't know them, sorry if my last remark sounded a bit offish....
    Jimmy, please don't worry, you were not to know.

OVF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Good Post......I hope he clears the air on Thursday and we can back to supporting our debt free Club .......
    Jim, what air needs clearing? And when did anyone stop supporting the club? Have I missed something?