It’s another very important game for the Valiants as they seek at least a point away from Vale Park… Read our brief guide to the action…
The two sides
- Manager: Keith Hill
- Last match: 1-1 vs Northampton
- Top scorer: Ian Henderson (15)
- Manager: Michael Brown
- Last match: 2-0 vs Wimbledon
- Top scorer: Alex Jones (10)
1st April 2017
“Any point earned away is a good point, and hopefully we can go there and earn all three. But first and foremost it is about form and we will go there looking to get a clean sheet, and if we do that we will come away with at least a point…”
Port Vale defender Nathan Smith
Vale could name a rare unchanged side with striker Rigino Cicilia (right) set to keep his place upfront. The likes of Jerome Thomas, Callum Guy and Kiko remain sidelined.
Last time we met…
Vale scraped a 1-0 home victory earlier in the season thanks to a winner from defender Nathan Smith.
Port Vale wins: 23
Port Vale losses: 10
[rsnippet id=”65″ name=”League One form”]
Former Valiant Calvin Andrew could face his former club but former Dale player Scott Tanser may remain on the sidelines for this game. Other players to appear for both sides include:
- Forward Louis Dodds
- Defender Dean Stokes
- Defender Gerry Keenan
- Midfielder Peter Farrell
- Midfielder Sean McClare
- Forward Les Lawrence
Did you know…
- The two sides first met in 1929 when it ended in a 3-3 draw.
- Vale’s last win at Spotland was back in 2001 when they won 1-0 in a Football League Trophy game.
- The last Vale away victory in the league was back in 1984.