Can Port Vale help their cause with a win over struggling Chesterfield? Here’s our brief guide…
The two sides
- Manager: Michael Brown (caretaker)
- Last match: 0-3 vs Rochdale
- Top scorer: Alex Jones (9)
- Manager: Gary Caldwell
- Last match: 0-0 vs Bolton
- Top scorer: Kristian Dennis (9)
8th April 2017
“We know it is not going to be easy, and we are looking forward to the challenge and taking on Chesterfield…”
Caretaker boss Michael Brown
Vale team news
The Valiants will be missing Kjell Knops (injury) and Danny Pugh (suspended). Pugh’s absence could see a recall for Anthony De Freitas (right). Defender Remie Streete remains doubtful with a hamstring injury and striker Anton Forrester is also still battling to return.
Last time we met…
The Valiants won 1-0 on December 30th thanks to a winner from Jerome Thomas.
Port Vale wins: 32
Port Vale losses: 41
[rsnippet id=”65″ name=”League One form”]
Chesterfield have former player Dan Jones (right) in their squad. There have been a large number of players to appear for both sides over the years. Those players include…
- Striker Marc Richards
- Midfielder Sam Morsy
- Defender Charlie Raglan
- Defender Colin Tartt
- Striker Ernie Moss
- Midfielder Sam Togwell
- Forward Bob Newton
- Midfielder Paul Harsley
Did you know…
- The clubs first met competitively in 1899.
- That first game ended in a 4-0 win for the Vale.
- Howard Harvey scored Vale’s first goal in that match and went on to net a hat-trick.