Here’s our brief preview of Port Vale’s home game against Millwall on Tuesday evening.
Date: Tuesday September 15
Ticket prices: More details here
Manager: Rob Page
Last match: 3-2 vs Wigan
Recent form: W-D-L-W-W
Manager: Neil Harris
Last match: 3-1 vs Crewe
Recent form: L-D-L-W-W
Remie Streete: set to start in defence?
It’s probably going to be “same again” for Rob Page as he hopes to build on the impressive win over Wigan Athletic. That would mean loanee Ryan Inniss would start on the bench with Remie Streete partnering Richard Duffy. Veteran Michael Brown may also make the bench after missing several games through injury.
Millwall are also expected to name an unchanged side – their only injury doubt is defender Sid Nelson who was subbed after injuring a rib.
Defender Richard Duffy looks ahead to the game.
Last time we met…
The two sides last met in 2008 when Millwall recorded a 3-0 home win. The fixture at Vale Park was more successful for Vale who ran out 3-1 winners thanks to goals from Danny Whitaker and a double from Keith Lowe.
There are a number of players to appear for both sides including:
- Vale playmaker Ian Bogie had a spell at Millwall earlier in his career.
- Midfielder Dave Brammer joined Vale for a second spell on loan from Millwall (it was later made permanent).
- Midfielder Tony Kelly had brief spells with both sides.
- Inside-right Harry Roberts played for both clubs.
- Much-travelled forward Dany N’Guessan has appeared for both teams.
- As has another well-travelled striker Calvin Andrew
From our OVF YouTube channel is winger Steve Guppy’s debut game against Millwall back in 1994.
- 21 Port Vale wins
- 15 Port Vale losses
- 10 draws
A few essential facts about our opponents to impress your mates with…
- Port Vale’s are unbeaten at home in their last three games against Millwall
- The Vale’s biggest victory was a 5-1 win in 1934. Jack Blackwell (2), Ken Gunn, Fred Mills and Tom Nolan scored.
- Millwall’s best win is a 4-0 FA Cup win back in 1965.
- The sides first met in 1928 when Port Vale recorded a 5-2 home win.