Here’s our brief preview of Port Vale’s match against Swindon – not a happy hunting ground for the Valiants..
Date: Tuesday 18th August
Ticket prices: Available here
Manager: Rob Page
Last match: 1-1 vs Gillingham
Recent form: D-W-D
Manager: Mark Cooper
Last match: 2-2 vs Bury
Recent form: W-L-D
After his impressive start to his Vale career, Enoch Andoh will miss the game through injury. Manager Rob Page faces a tactical question in Andoh’s absence. He could go for a like-for-like replacement in Sam Kelly or he could strengthen his midfield by switching Sam Foley to the left and bringing Michael Brown into the centre.
Midfielder Michael Brown believes Vale need to change their approach against Swindon.
Last time we met…
Swindon continued their run of wins over Vale with a 1-0 win at Vale Park. The highlights are above.
Vale assistant manager Paul Bodin has been player, coach and even caretaker manager at Swindon.
There are a number of other players to appear for both clubs including:
- Striker Billy Paynter
- Defender Tim Parkin
- Winger Alex Smith
- Forward Ken Beamish
- Striker Calvin Andrew
- 28 Port Vale wins
- 30 Port Vale losses
- 18 draws
Essential facts about our opponents to impress your mates with…
- Vale have a dreadful recent record against Swindon as Town have won the last seven encounters between the two sides
- Vale’s last win was back in 2007 when goals from Luke Rodgers and Dan Whitaker earned a 2-1 home win
- Vale’s last away win was in 2005 when Micky Bell and Chris Cornes scored in a 2-1 win.
- The 1986 encounter was a dramatic affair with Vale losing 3-4 at home.
- Vale’s best performance was a 6-1 win back in 1960.
- However, Swindon have hit three or more past Vale in three of the last five matches between the sides.