OVF would like to ask Vale fans to be patient as it works with the Football Supporters Federation on an effective complaint about excessive policing measures at Port Vale FC.
onevalefan.co.uk (OVF) editor and life-long Port Vale supporter Rob Fielding spoke at length to Football Supporters Federation (FSF) case worker Amanda Jacks about how to raise objections to excessive policing measures at Vale Park. A number of measures have been agreed on.
Rob commented: “I’d like to thank Amanda for her invaluable guidance.
If it achieves its objectives of fair and balanced policing for Port Vale games, it will be worth it…
“To produce an effective and coordinated response to the ridiculous over-policing at Port Vale is going to take some time. I would appeal to fans to be patient as I work on recommendations from the FSF which may take days or even weeks to be achieved.
“However, once they are, I will asking the local media, the Port Vale Supporters Club, all Port Vale fans and the fans and Supporters Clubs of other League One teams to back this protest against the excessive policing at Vale Park.
“This is the beginning of a lot of hard work but if it achieves its objectives of fair and balanced policing for Port Vale games, it will be worth it.
“Bear with me, because there’s a lot more to come…”
Notes for media:
Port Vale supporters have been outraged by excessive policing at Vale Park. A selection of related stories giving background to this issue can be found below:
- Port Vale issue statement on Bristol Rovers game incidents
- Police defend actions during Bristol Rovers game
- Furious Bristol Rovers call for probe into policing at Vale Park
- Police cordon reportedly in place after grenade found at Vale Park
- Police numbers at Doncaster game nearly double those at Millwall fixture
- Post-match violence spoils Vale celebrations
- Independent review into Port Vale policing to take place
- Are Ellis' comments on policing investigation impartial?
- Smurthwaite blasts 'embarrassing' police intel (and OVF agrees)
- Police’s professionalism and relationship with Vale MUST improve
- Police chief says safety changes were 'fair'
- Vale owner unveils matchday safety changes
- Legal cases could allow Vale to dispute police bills in court
- Club releases statement on policing
- Port Vale dispute policing costs
- Police cut bill in half after Vale protest
- Chief Constable apologises for Wolves game policing
- FSF still able to assist Vale fans
- Police investigate racist abuse of Vale star
- Wanted men are identified
- 19 Vale arrests last season, data reveals
- FSF: We'll help fans report poor policing
- Supporters Club call for police talks
- Police: man arrested after 'hit and run'
- Police involved in 'nil-paid' shares probe
onevalefan.co.uk (OVF) is an independent, award-winning Port Vale supporters website, founded in 1996.
The Football Supporters’ Federation (FSF) is the democratic organisation representing the rights of fans and arguing the views of football supporters in England and Wales.