Time at club: 2015-
The powerful striker turned down an offer of a contract from Cheltenham Town to agree a deal with the Valiants in August 2015.
The forward began his career at Newcastle United but rose to prominence at Havant and Waterlooville where he netted twenty times in 29 games.
He agreed a two-year contract with Vale and made his debut in the 1-0 JPT win over Carlisle United. He then scored his first senior goal in the 3-1 loss at Millwall.
A strong finish to the season saw him named as the League One player of the month for April after a run of three goals in five games.
In August 2016, he rejoined former manager Rob Page as he went to Northampton Town on loan until January.
- JJ Hooper looking forward to Port Vale return
- Bruno Ribeiro hints that JJ Hooper could still play for Port Vale this season
- Loanwatch: injured Hooper back at Vale for treatment
- Loan watch: Hooper opens account for Northampton
- Loan news: good day for Hooper, bad day for Boot
- Loanwatch: off day for several Vale loanees
- Hooper thanks Vale fans but is looking forward to playing in "strongest position"
- Transfer window business will give an indication of Vale's promotion potential
- JJ Hooper leaves Port Vale to join Northampton on loan
- JJ Hooper: I want to get some goals… Goals, goals, goals!
- Hooper is number ten as Vale announce squad numbers
- Port Vale's forward options looking strong
- No rest for JJ Hooper - Vale striker's summer fitness routine revealed
- Vote JJ: Hooper in final three for player of month award
- Rob Page says JJ Hooper was excellent against Rochdale
- Page's no rush approach works - just look at Andoh and Hooper
- Match Report: Port Vale 3-0 Crewe
- Match Report: Chesterfield 4-2 Port Vale
- Rob Page backs existing Vale forwards to have an "impact"
- Match Report: Peterborough 2-3 Port Vale
- Team News: Hooper starts as Page makes five changes
- JJ Hooper: Rob Page 'handles me well' and encourages me
- Match Report: Millwall 3-1 Port Vale
- Bodin says Inniss and Hooper could soon play a part
- Dodds' injury gives duo chance to stake their claim
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: